Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b crash in updateProgress

6 months ago

The mod Cargo Ships (0.2.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event cargo-ships::on_gui_opened (ID 88)
Passed index is out of range.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__cargo-ships
/gui/oil_rig_gui.lua:17: in function 'updateProgress'
cargo-ships/gui/oil_rig_gui.lua:74: in function <cargo-ships/gui/oil_rig_gui.lua:69>

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

Can you describe what you were doing when the whole happened? Can you post your full factorio.log from the crash? What other mods are running? Have you changed any settings recently related to the oil rigs?

6 months ago

create new game, cheat a oil-rig, place the rig, click the rig.
many other mods ;-)
sorry, log is overriden, after some more tries.
hmm setting, i dont think any changed for the rig, will have look

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

The error only makes sense if the oilrig doesn't have a fluid box. That would only happen if it was placed not on an oil patch or if another mod turned oil into an ore or something, I think. This code has worked for s very long time, that's why I won't change it until I understand your setup.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

this sounds suspiciously like a modification by omnifluid

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

I tried with just omnifluid installed and it behaved normally. You'll have to give me your full mod list, save file, or factorio-current.log for me to replicate the problem.

6 months ago

https://prnt.sc/mAfA2VYpEjcU
https://file.io/GcHnoADc8Ok1
after loading save just place and click

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

You're right, with enough dependencies installed omnifluid does turn oil into a solid resource, which also removes the fluidbox from the oil rig. I don't know how it makes any sense to have non-fluid oil deposits in the middle of the sea, so my first inclination is to require oil rigs disabled if omnifluid is installed. How would you envision that working? I can put a check in so that the GUI doesn't get created if there is no fluidbox, but you still have to figure out how to put a chest and cargo ship loading station in front of the oil rig.

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

This will be fixed in the next release so that it doesn't crash.

6 months ago

| my first inclination is to require oil rigs disabled if omnifluid is installed

that would be a deterioration. better would be, to keep oil as a fluid, (the fluid is not removed and is still present)
tell omnifluid:
- not to remove the fluid-box for the oil-rig
- to add a converter fluid->solid (for oil), the other way around is already possible.
i will write this myself if necessary. but i don't like to fiddle around in active mods ;-)

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Okay, no problem. The only fix I did was disable the GUI if the fluidbox is gone, so it will not crash with either fluid or solid output.

All of that can be done in a separate tweak mod I think.

robot256 β˜†
5 months ago

Crash fix uploaded in version 0.2.5.

New response