Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

i Options for floating power poles

10 months ago

I am playing the Freight Forwarding pack, and I saw the floating power pole in the menu simulation.
I was wondering If I could use them in my game but couldn't.

The pack wants the player to think of alternate ways to get power to their different islands, which I can totally understand and it is interesting.
Due to this the floating power poles are disabled.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to add a setting that allows the floating power poles to be build able only in certain depths of water.
Like giving the option to be build in shallow (walk able) water, but not deeper.
Or normal and shallow but not deep.
Or everywhere.

this would make it possible to use these floating power poles to power tiny offshore radar (landfill) islands that are just of the coast and still in the shallows without building stepping stones for the normal big electric poles.

robot256 β˜†
10 months ago

Normally there is such an option. Freight Forwarding hides it.

The Cargo Ships floating power pole was always a bit of an after thought. I would really like to see underwater electrics as a separate mod. Hiladder appears to include some in a larger mod of upgrades. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Hiladdar_Electrical

10 months ago

Yeah, this request is only really relevant for when playing with Freight Forwarding, and if I wanted to, I could restrict floating power poles to only work on shallow water there. But I don't really see the point, when you can always use landfill and regular poles. (Freight Forwarding also allows you to pick up landfill like concrete, so it is even easier to work with).

10 months ago

Or you can install something like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/water-poles

New response