Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g [Fixed] Request to make the entity invisible_chain_signal hidden

1 year, 3 months ago

I'm making Rail Signal Planner compatible with Cargo Ships.

I noticed the invisible_chain_signal entity doesn't have the hidden flag.

This is the GUI that opens when you can select rail-chain-signals with hidden entities filtered out

https://i.imgur.com/9aqwtxi.png

(gui.add{type="choose-elem-button", name="rail_chain_signal_entity", elem_type="entity", elem_filters = {{filter="type", type="rail-chain-signal"}, {filter="hidden", invert=true, mode="and"}}}
)

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I have added this in my data-final-fixes

if data.raw["rail-planner"]["water-way"] then
  data.raw["rail-planner"]["water-way"].localised_name = {"item-name.water-way"}
end

if data.raw["rail-chain-signal"]["invisible_chain_signal"] then
  table.insert(data.raw["rail-chain-signal"]["invisible_chain_signal"].flags, "hidden")
end

The localised string of the water way planner is really minor. But since it's already defined in the locale why not use it?
Interestingly if the locale for a rail planner is not defined, it uses the locale of the straight rail entity. But I preferred my tab to be called "Water way" and not "Straight water way"

1 year, 3 months ago

Testing things I came across this.
https://i.imgur.com/8naWsNF.png
Regular signals can be placed on water ways if there is land. And vice versa buoys can be placed on regular rails if there is water.
Not sure if that is desired behaviour, but the rail connection of chain signals look weird on water ways.

Just in case you want to fix it. Apologies if I should've opened a new ticket for it, didn't look if it was already reported.

robot256 β˜†
1 year, 2 months ago

Hi! Thanks for the reports. I'm adding the first two items to the next release. The signal placement is somewhere between "desired" and "won't fix".

New response