Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b ✔️ Not able to add or remove anything from cargo ships via inserters.

2 years ago

Haven't played Factorio in a while and this mod was a must for me when I did because I enjoyed having my main base separate from where i mined and stuff, made it look neat and tidy compared to the cluster fuck of how my mines were layed out. But i can't get inserters to put anything in or take anything out. Is the mod broken?

2 years ago

Note that the hitbox of the cargo ships is the same as trains, have you tried getting the inserters one block closer?

2 years ago

I can only use long inserters. Had to download a long inserters mod to make the process faster. Normal inserters just wont work.

2 years ago

You can put landfill closer to the waterways if there is no ship there. Then place the ship somewhere else and drive it into the station. Looks a little silly overlapping the land but it works.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

it's working for me

2 years ago

Fair warning, I did add code to prevent you from making new connections between rails and water ways. Not sure if I should add that as a setting, that's a neat base you have. Guess that's why I use canal builder/water fill to get them places.

2 years ago

Fair warning, I did add code to prevent you from making new connections between rails and water ways. Not sure if I should add that as a setting, that's a neat base you have. Guess that's why I use canal builder/water fill to get them places.

I do not know how to make shallow water or similar to enter my ships, so i made this frankenstein

2 years ago

Shift-enter is the default control to enter ships from a distance. You can see all the custom controls added by mods at the end of the Settings->Controls menu.

New response