Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Inconpatiblility with SE

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

When I updated this mod and tried to enable it with SE already enable I got an error message:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2298994308

Edit: sorry for the misspelled title, usually double check but didn't know if links worked.

3 years ago

Having the same issue with the same error.

3 years ago

Hi!
I am not a 100% sure, but from the error message it looks to me as if the space-exploration mod introduces the modifications. I saw that that the error has been reported to the SE discord as well and will wait for an answer on the issue there before attempting a fix.

3 years ago

EarendelToday at 9:48 PM
Collision changes are in #closed-testing and should be released some time tomorrow.

Here is his response. I will test it tomorrow.

3 years ago

Earendel fixed the problem. Loaded into the game with both mods turned on.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

tested on current version and experimental. oil rigs can not be placed in water of planets with Space exploration and cargo ships installed. Only required SE mods enabled. Error message is Oil Rigs can only be placed on water. This error happens on all planets other than Nauvis
Posting in SE as well.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The problem is that Cargo Ships assumes that everything takes place on surface 1 (nauvis), while SE can take place in a lot of other surfaces.
You should probably update the location check code to look for the correct surface.
Edit: Other parts of the code also assume that the game takes place entirely on surface 1, which means that at it's current state, Cargo Ships is almost completely non-functional outside of nauvis.

3 years ago

The official github repo is two versions old. I made a copy of the latest release and fixed both the ship placement checking and the surface checking code. Tested working with oil rigs and ships on other worlds. You can see the changes are minor, in the last two commits of this branch: https://github.com/robot256/cargo_ships/tree/actual_0-57

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

is it possible to get this fixed for 1.0 and uploaded so that my dedicated server can use it?

3 years ago

I updated the repro and will merge the pull request by robot256 and will update the mod itself in the next days...

New response