|Created:||10 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.19.00 (a day ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.17 - 0.18|
Amator Phasma's Coal & Steam
About this mod:
This mod revisits the early game of Factorio and pushes the electrification a bit further back by extending the Burner-Stage and inserting a new stage: Steam-Stage (buildings will be powered by steam).
"Love and fame for the burner inserter!"
The production lines of this mod focus on fuel production, but it also comes with a few new intermediates and a new science package. It does not change the standard Techtree too much, the majority of the related tech for this mod comes before the vanilla techtree even begins. The vanilla techtree and most of the other mods content are locked behind a new technology called "Electrification" which can be called the goal of this modification.
Tip: You should generate the map with a little more richness for coal, to not run out of it, since you need up to twice the amount of a normal vanilla playthrough.
The fuel is split in two different types:
- Unrefined fuel (like: raw coal and wood)
- Refined fuel (like: coke or charcoal briquettes)
*some machines or furnace can operate with unrefined fuel other need refined fuel
This mod comes with a few new buildings:
- Coking plant, Filter inserter, Long inserter, Puddling furnace, Improved mining drill (burner)
- Air cleaner, Steam mining drill, Sieve (steam powered)
- Steelworks (electric)
- Lab, Assmebling machine (burner, steam powered)
- Offshore-pumps (burner, electric)
- Crusher, Press, Centrifuge, Greenhouse (burner, steam powered, electric)
- Tier 2 Boiler and Steam engine
Good to know:
Inserters can chain fuel through all types of burner machines.
Burner inserters can leach fuel from their pickup target and drop target.
You can see if a fuel item leaves residues after it is burned or used up.
If a machine can run with multiple fuel type you can see this in the tooltip in a custom section, otherwise this custom section is not present and you can see the fuel type like in vanilla.
- Since version 0.18.00 only bug fixing and compatibility layers for other mods.
So it should be safe to take every update without running into a total messed up factory
- Report them on the forum thread or here on this site under disscussion.
Recommended QOL mods:
- FNEI by npo6ka for me a must have in all games.
My other mods:
- Amator Phasma's Modpack
- Amator Phasma's Nuclear
- Amator Phasma's Recycling
- Amator Phasma's Starfall
- Amator Phasma's Energy Addon
- Not compatible with the optional "Burner power phase" setting from Bob's Tech.
- Not compatible with the optional "Factory ingredient limits" setting from Bob's Assembling machines.
- With AAI Programmable Vehicles by Earendel the burnt fuel inventory for all entities that uses the car prototype, does not work as expected, so you will lose any burnt results. (Working on it.)
At least the mods I have in my test chamber, should be compatible with more than this list.
- RealisticReactors bay IngoKnieto and OwnlyMe
- Fluid Must Flow by Linver
- Asphalt Roads by Arcitos
- Angel's Angel's Bio Processing [BETA] by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Angel's Industries by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Addons - Smelting Train by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Addons - Petrochem Train by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Addons - Warehouses by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Addons - Pressure Tanks
- Angel's Infinite Ores by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Petro Chemical Processing by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Refining by Arch666Angel
- Angel's Smelting by Arch666Angel
- Bob's Personal Equipment mod by Bobingabout
- Bob's Assembling machines by Bobingabout
- Bob's Electronicsby Bobingabout
- Bob's Enemies by Bobingabout
- Bob's Adjustable Inserters by Bobingabout
- Bob's Functions Library mod by Bobingabout
- Bob's Logistics mod by Bobingabout
- Bob's Mining by Bobingabout
- Bob's Modules by Bobingabout
- Bob's Ores by Bobingabout
- Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates by Bobingabout
- Bob's Power by Bobingabout
- Bob's Revamp mod by Bobingabout
- Bob's Tech by Bobingabout
- Bob's Warfare by Bobingabout
- ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer)
- Space Exploration by Earendel
- Alien Biomes by Earendel
- AAI Programmable Vehicles by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Chaingunner by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Flame Tank by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Flame Tumbler by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Laser Tank by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Miner by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Warden by Earendel
- AAI Vehicles: Hauler by Earendel
- AAI Industry by Earendel
- Bio Industries by TheSAguy