Schall Tank Platoon

Adds different classes and tiers of tanks in-par with power armors, having vehicle equipment grid. Aims to fill the gaps the vanilla game should have. Not overhaul nor OP. Vanilla oriented and balanced. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español)

Content
6 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [Solved] Compatibility with AAI?

5 years ago

Hey, I love your mods. and this one too. I was wondering if you could consider making this compatible with AAI?

For AAI to do its thing effectively, it makes all vehicles single-weapon only. How it does that I believe is by deleting all other weapons except for the first one, with custom overrides (With Planes, he has made it so that there are different vehicle variants for each weapon type.) Would you be able to move the primary weapons (Cannons, etc) into the first slot to allow for this behavior? As it is, it leaves all of your tanks with the machine-gun only, as they are the first slot, while the vanilla tank retains its main cannon, being that it's in the first slot.

Thank you for the great work, by the way!

5 years ago

I am pretty sure that my mod ALREADY has primary weapon in first slot, machine gun (either single or dual type that have different RoF) always come to last slot.
My mod has autocannon/cannons(first/second) - machine gun(last) in various tanks, flamethrower(first) - machine gun(second) in flame tanks, tactical missile launcher(first) - multiple rocket launcher(second) - single machine gun(third) in rocket artilleries. Tank machine gun always comes last in all variations.
These are all in the same order of primary(cannon) - secondary(flamethrower) - self-defense(machine gun) in vanilla tank.

Never looked into AAI code, on whether how they handle the vehicle weapons.
Can you check, if light tank and rocket artillery use "single tank machine gun", while others should use "dual tank machine gun"?
If true, AAI is picking weapon in the LAST SLOT.
If false, AAI just override all the weapons, ignoring what weapons already on the tanks.

5 years ago

Sorry, you are correct. It's exactly as you described, picking from the last slot. Everything only has machineguns, or dual machineguns. Thank you for the quick response, I didn't notice you were so prompt! I hope that helped.

5 years ago

If it is taking the LAST SLOT, then I have a question:
Is AAI giving the vanilla tank the tank cannon (first slot) or tank machine gun (last slot)?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

It's giving the Vanilla tank the regular cannon, designated as (75 mm). I believe this is one of the exceptions that are hardcoded into the mod, such as the fact that the Airplanes mod are specified as having multiple versions of the jet and fortress, to account for the weapon limitation. (Although on further thought, maybe it's the Airplanes mod maker who made that exception and allowed that compatibility?)

Do you think this might be better for me to bring up with the maker of AAI instead?

5 years ago

Since my mods (perhaps also majority of other vehicle mods) have primary weapon at first slot, which is the vanilla "standard", it is reasonable to expect first slot weapon should be used.
So yes, this is caused by AAI, shown by facts you collected. You should ask author of AAI to solve.

5 years ago

Thanks for sticking with me, i've posted the request in his mod's page. Keep being awesome!

4 years ago

AAI now splits vehicles up into multiple vehicles, one with each of the weapons.

Can I suggest that you check to see if AAI is there, and if it is, remove the machineguns from all the vehicles, then add in a Light Tank clone with just a machine gun? Call it an Infantry Fighting Vehicle or something?

New response