Colony Builder

Build your very own colony on Nauvis. Create housing, services and recruit colonists to grow your settlement alongside your factory. Be sure to check the tips & tricks for more information on the systems and mechanics of this mod.

Overhaul
4 days ago
Transportation Logistics Trains Combat Enemies Manufacturing

g Black market

11 days ago
(updated 11 days ago)

I have couple questions about Black Market:
1) How it generate items?
2) Is it reroll them? If yes - how often?
3) Can I have some control over black market items? (Categories/cheap-expansive/manual reroll)
And if not, can you consider some options? Specifically reroll for coins, or some sort of priviliges - more one spend - more and better items will be generated.

Also - it generates modded items, but spesifically can't/wan't generate items from yuoki mod.

In the end want to say big THANK YOU! Wery interesting take on the colony managment mod. Best for today!

4 days ago
  1. Clicking near the front of the building will open the Black market. Sell offers are generated when the service is working, so you need to have enough dissident citizens from housing nearby and some unregulated supply. If the service is not working, no sell offers will be generated.

2. No, prices are fixed. They are currently 1.25x from the base price of the item. Base prices are calculated from a vanilla Factorio script that takes into account the amount of resources and energy that is used to create the item. Items with a value of higher than around 65.000 are not shown because of a limitation in Factorio itself.

3. No, I've thought about implementing mechanics that allow for dynamic pricing but decided not to do it at this point. If I'm going to do this I want to do it properly and create a well-balanced system around it, which would require time and effort which I'm not willing to put in right now. My priority is bugfixing and polishing what is present in the mod now, not add whole new systems (unless they are already on my to-do list).

Regarding modded items; Any item that is constructed from the basic vanilla resources (iron-, copper ore etc.) will have a calculated price. Items created from modded resources won't because they don't have a basic price set for them (so it will be calculated as 0).

I hope this was helpful. And you're welcome, glad you enjoy the mod!

4 days ago
(updated 4 days ago)

Regarding modded items; Any item that is constructed from the basic vanilla resources (iron-, copper ore etc.) will have a calculated price. Items created from modded resources won't because they don't have a basic price set for them (so it will be calculated as 0).

Well, it's not completly true :)
For example, some modded ores (Yuoki industries, Krastorio, some of bob's) are avalible for purchase.
But fluid-based modded structures and items (for example, Crastorio 2 Fuel, which is produced from vanilla light oil and needed for all wehicles) isn't on the market.

Anyway, I understand, that you don't want to spend time for more in-depth black market mechanic.

But can I at lest request two things:
1. Serch bar if it even posssible. I can remember mod "recipe book" with custom interface and reserch function, if you need reference.
2. Some sort of guide - how one can make a companion compibility mod. I can make it and spare some of your time, but reverse-ingenearing isn't my best trait.

New response