🌐 Rabbasca, the forgotten Moon

by .Talon

This Moon of Gleba emits strange energy signatures which interfere with conventional energy sources. Use the limited power it provides to explore ancient vaults of a long gone civilization. Discover new ways to construct your machines and conquer space with your very own tool-assisted legs.

Content
9 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
14.4K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Transportation Logistics Armor Enemies Manufacturing

b [Solved] Frame 1 crash on loading a save

Occurs as soon as I load the save*:

`The mod ○ Rabbasca (0.22.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event planet-rabbasca::on_script_trigger_effect (ID 176)
Entity is not crafting-machine.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_recipe'
planet-rabbasca/control.lua:38: in function <planet-rabbasca/control.lua:7>`

  • This is a pre-Factorio 2.1.20 save with a lot of mods that I made the mistake of updating, so it is likely due to the many mods I had to remove or the others I manually fixed to get the save started up again, so it might be my fault.

It does not happen upon creating a new save (at least not in the first few seconds).

7 days ago
(updated 7 days ago)

This code should only run when a vault finishes a modulation change, vault quality change or core extraction recipe. The only reasons I could think of this crashing should be either an inserter next to the vault that got migrated, or an unusual unloading method. Do you use loaders or something that is not an inserter to unload from a vault crafting these recipes? Maybe I need to update my trigger logic. But the fact that it crashes immediately after load is suspicious.

If you did not craft any of those recipes, another mod probably created one of the result items somewhere for some reason.

7 days ago
(updated 7 days ago)

I don't have loaders and I wasn't crafting any of those recipes. It could be that the save just so happened to be as a vault went hungry or something.

I did do a bit more work and made fixed versions of all the planets in the save that haven't fixed the fuel_categories thing yet, and loading it up with all those fixed mods works.

I did a bit more testing, and it seems like removing certain combinations of other planet mods causes the crash. It looks like removing both Rubia and Panglia can cause it, but not if you do only one of them? Here's the mods modifying the vaults:
https://imgur.com/a/ZIhXdSA (not sure if you can embed images in here)

Well, I guess it works now so ¯(ツ)/¯

4 days ago

This specific crash happens when a specific item is created outside of a vault. It can only be crafted by those 3 recipes mentioned, so if you didn't craft them some other mod created that item when it wasn't supposed to.
Good to know you got it solved.
I will add an extra check to prevent future crashes from this.

New response