Periodic Madness

This mod aims to add most, if not all elements of the periodic table to Factorio.

Overhaul
18 days ago
Logistics Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Normal Water

7 months ago

Nice Mod... BUT... how a/o where is it possible to pump "Classic Water"? it seems that the "Seawater" is not compatible with other mod's that add water consumeing buildings... like Hydroelectric Power generators. and frankly... having to use 3 Seawater boilers for only 1 Steam Powerplant is rather annoying. At least an "classic boiler" would be preferable... BUT... guess what, it does not work with the Seawater pump because its not considdered the correct fluid.
If this MOD does not make "classic water" somehow aviable by default or by later tech than it's pretty much incompatible with any modded water consuming installations. If it is already in there, than you should explain how to get it, because not even the assembling maschines of "periodic madness" do accept the seawater to process "Hydrogen gas" .

7 months ago

Hello! and "classic water" (or vanilla water, whatever you wanna call it haha), the tech Water Distillation has the vanilla offshore pump, which works just like normal. Also the Seawater Boilers are an annoyance, I did notice the very not good ratio with them and a single boiler but as learnt through actually modding, boilers are really hard to work with. Or maybe its just me. But alas, i am trying to make it better (most likely a 2:1 seawater boiler to engine), but until I can actually figure out how to, its just a problem. I do apologise however.

And yes, I have also realised that a lot of planned stuff and already implemented stuff is not compatible with overhauls (i've been testing them myself, actually), but i do plan to actually combat the compatibility issue when the mod is more complete. Currently, its nowhere near complete haha

i hope however you can still enjoy PM, and anymore issues be free to send them here or the discord server. :]

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

I wish, because I truly love the idea and many of the features. Realy great work. One can tell the dedication you invested.
Sadly I'm not good/patient enough to produce hundresds of seawaterboilers just to get to a science level for an alternate powersource long before even reaching the necessary development to probe Destilation.
Shouldn't the steam be already destiled? Why make destilation such a hassle to get in the first place? realy, all one needs is any water and fire to vaporise it to produce destiled water out of steam. Also Air filters are very soon avaliable. Would it be an idea to make the Seawaterpump upgradable with rather early filters to turn them into "vanilla pumps"? Or how about differenciateing between saltwater and freshwater. A Lake is only likely to be salty if close to vulcanic activities or natural salt deposits. Pretty much every other Lake on mainland gets naturaly filtered into freshwater.
I do love the idea of filtering out salt for use in production.
Anyways, I hope this feedback is recived as constructive as it's ment to be. I appreciate your excelent work very much. Cheers.

7 months ago

I do appreciate that, truly. :] and i do like your idea for the upgradable sea water pumps, i might actually add that. Also, i do plan to add ways to make power that don't involve boiling water, which will be added in the next update. Currently, two are planned (and one deals with the oxygen abundance in a lot better way than before haha)

Also, while differentiating lakes and oceans only taking offshore pumps or seawater pumps, while i wish i could do that, i am a very new modder so i wouldn't know how to pull it off. But if i do find a way, i'd be happy to implement it. Also, building off of your "steam is distilled", i have been thinking of adding heat as a more used source in PM; so a building that can distill and seperate seawater to salt and water, giving off excess heat in the process.

And yes, its very helpful so dont worry. :] But thank you, and i hope you can enjoy PM more when power is easier to get haha

New response