Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b I deconstructed (Alt+D) the wind mill in a "creative world"

3 years ago

The mod Nullius (1.0.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event nullius::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__nullius
/scripts/wind.lua:103: in function 'update_turbines'
nullius/scripts/wind.lua:119: in function 'update_wind'
nullius/scripts/build.lua:53: in function <nullius/scripts/build.lua:52>

3 years ago

To clarify, is this Sandbox mode, /editor, the mod called "Creative Mod" or something else? All of these are described as "creative mode". I'm not highly familiar with any of them.

3 years ago

It actually is the mod called "Creative Mod", I was testing what the overhaul has to offer haha

3 years ago

This will be fixed in the next update. It's because Creative Mod's instant deconstruction mode just destroys stuff without triggering any event like would happen if you deconstructed it by hand or with a bot. I have a fix to detect when the wind turbine is invalid so it will clean itself up in a few seconds instead of crashing. This also applies to Stirling engines.

3 years ago

I see, thanks for your time and work :)

3 years ago

You’d be better off using https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaBootstrap.html#LuaBootstrap.register_on_entity_destroyed and then you’ll always get an event when it is destroyed.

3 years ago

I didn't think there was a way to do that for some reason. I'll look into it.

3 years ago

The latest update is using register_on_entity_destroyed, but only for things built after this update.

New response