Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Version?

3 years ago

Which specific version does Nullius run on? I don't have the option for 1.1--the oldest 1.1 version I have available is 1.1.5, which does not load the mod. The "Latest experimental" version does not work either.

I'm very interested in trying it out, but I need to be able to run it first. :/

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm using the latest experimental version from today, 1.1.15, and I'm not aware of any problem with that. The past several versions have mostly been bug fix updates that have not broken mod support. I'd be interested in what error message you get when trying to load. A few people have run into issues getting it to load because they have bobangel mod settings that are not set to the defaults. If you go to mod settings and press the button to reset settings to defaults, that would clear it up, if that's the problem. But it would still be useful to know exactly what error you ran into so I could fix it to load with that setting going forward. It's also worth checking that all your other prereq mods are updated to their most recent versions.

3 years ago

I had a few issues getting it working, and it had to do with the dependencies: I believe one of my bob's mods wasn't up to date, so i'd double check those.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Are you aware that you can force bobangels settings to whatever you want them to be with allowed_values (or force_value for booleans)?

3 years ago

I see allowed_values in the LuaModSettingPrototype, but most of the problematic settings are booleans. I have not seen force_value. It doesn't appear to be listed as a field in LuaModSettingPrototype. For bools, all I see is default_value, which doesn't prevent it from being set improperly. I'll experiment to see if it will recognize force_value.

3 years ago

That might not be the exact name, but it was added in a very recent 1.1 version and does exactly what you want.

3 years ago

Yep, that should do it. It's just too new to be documented on the page I was looking at, and didn't exist the last time I looked at any of the setting code. This should eliminate the main category of failure to load that people have been reporting.

New response