Nuclear Overhaul

by RedRafe

This mod reshapes the steps of nuclear processing to be more complex and realistic. Introducing 3 new types of nuclear reactors emulating the different power plants in real life, plus new elements of the periodic table to generate nuclear fuel and later, with nuclear wastes, powerful weapons.

Content
2 months ago
Combat Armor Environment Mining Manufacturing Power

g [feedback] My thoughts. :)

1 year, 2 months ago

Saw this pop up as a newly updated mod, thought I'd give it a go on a (mostly) otherwise vanilla run.

I got the Green 120MJ reactor going pretty easily... although you are required to get Kovarex going before you even try to run a single reactor full-time.
(it takes 268 centrifuges to get enough U-235 for the fuel cells or 134 if you have recycling going)
But once I had a couple centrifuges doing Kovarex and recycling, it is actually U-235 positive.

The statement on the mod page and the Github README, "They require a bit of Plutonium to get started but consume mostly Thorium thereafter" made me think that the Red LFTR would also be mostly self-sustaining with just a bit of Thorium Ore... but it still needs P-239, so you have to run it in conjunction with either 2 LWR or 8 HPWR.

Looking forward to the next stages and seeing where it goes from here.

1 year, 2 months ago

Yeah, Red LFTR are the most advanced ones but secretly require you to run other reactors too, and that's for me it's part of the fun/diversity in this nuclear overhaul.

For the cells there's been some tweaking of ratios/powers, recipes are very different from vanilla so, if you think soomething could do a bit of rebelance, step forward ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks! Next updates will be most compatibility & rebalance before new content is added

This thread has been locked.