This mod reshapes the steps of nuclear processing to be more complex and realistic. Introducing 3 new types of nuclear reactors emulating the different power plants in real life, plus new elements of the periodic to generate nuclear fuel and later, with nuclear wastes, powerful weapons.
The mod introduces 20+ new technologies, 30+ new items, and 30+ new recipes that are designed to give more realism to nuclear processes, as well as making nuclear production a core mechanic of the game fun to design.
1. Uranium process revisited (more complex & realistic)
- Drills no longer require sulfuric acid to mine Uranium ore, but it will be used later in chemical facilities to obtain Yellowcake from uranium ore
- Uranium ore yields 20% of U-235/U-238, just like IRL
2. New materials! Resources & Elements
Introducing a new resource: Thorium ore in map generation, and 5 new elements of the Periodic Table and their isotopes:
-  Thorium
-  Protactinium
-  Uranium's isotopes
-  Neptunium
-  Plutonium
Elements will decay to closest isotopes by means of Alpha and Beta decay, you'll be in charge of of this process too!
3. Nuclear Reactors revisited
Reactors now come in 3 tiers:
- LWR (Light Water Reactor) use thermal neutrons to generate power. Thermal reactors are slower and generate more nuclear waste
- HPWR (Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor) are smaller but can burn all actinides during the nuclear reaction and generate more power
- LFTR (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor) are more efficient and safer to operate compared to LWRs or PHWRs. They require a bit of Plutonium to get started but consume mostly Thorium thereafter
Each reactor has its pros and cons, advance through technologies and combine them to create a balance power structure!
- New nuclear design mechanic: NO neighbors bonus! You'll know why... ;)
- Watch out! Reactors are a great source of energy, but a what cost?
- Use the command /daily to get updates on your nuclear plants (the command does not disable achievements)
4. Nuclear waste
Nuclear waste is difficult to deal with, but this makes it even more valuable to be used as weapons against local enemies! Channel your new resources towards:
- New fuel recipes for vehicles
- Ammo production (Vanilla's uranium recipes now require the new elements unlocked)
- Tiers MK.2/MK.3 for personal equipments
- English (en)
You can help by translating this mod into your language. Any new translations will be included in the next release.
Known Bugs & Mod compatibility
Please feel free to report any known issue! :)
This Nuclear Overhaul mod introduces heavy changes in the Uranium process and nuclear items, it may have conflicts with other mods that deal with Uranium and Nuclear too! (should not interfere with other mechanics tho).
It's still a new project, compatibility with specific mods is not implemented but its WIP. For any inquiries, please refer to the discussion page of the mod portal.
- Re-skin some graphics (you can help me!)
- Add further elements of the periodic table
- Add infinite/dedicate science techs requiring nuclear
- Add new nuclear recipes
- Improve compatibility
- K2 (50%) and SE (10%) are work in progress