Lignumis


Dive into the world of Lignumis, a moon of Nauvis offering only the most basic technologies.

Content
5 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
26.2K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Logistics Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b ✅ Steam

2 months ago

Hi

I am having a bug while playing your mod on the latest experimental (2.1.14)
https://ibb.co/zVDWp2Tk
Cant connect steam pipes to steam inserter
though i play with a dozen mods, i cant of think of any that could interfere with this behaviour.

steam temperature of machine says 165°C, while steam inserter says 15° in their info tabs.
so i might think, that this is related to the temperature.

2 months ago

That's a bug in Factorio 2.1. We are all still waiting for a fix.
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=134184

2 months ago

Workaround: Type /editor in the console followed by the enter key to switch to the editor mode. Place infinity pipes and separate pipe networks to get things running. There's currently no better way. It's said that using pums also fix it, but they are not available on Lignumis and would need electricity.

a month ago

Hey cackling.fiend, I figured out how to fix this code-wise. I came looking since I just started a new Lignumis playthrough and couldn't get it to connect to the steam assembling machine.

So it turns out a filtered fluid box and a filtered fluid box with a temperature constraint are not considered equal as far as the game's 2.1 engine is concerned (since hypothetically the unconstrained fluidbox could output a fluid unacceptable to the constrained one). Most steam sources (including your dessication furnaces) don't have fluidbox temperature constraints, but your steam assembler does.

I tried editing your mod by commenting out lines 89 and 90 in steam-assembling-machine.lua (removing minimum_temperature and maximum_temperature), and it fixed being able to connect it to the steam pipe network. Alternatively you could add those constraints to every other steam-related building but honestly that might cause other issues...

assembling_machine.energy_source = {
type = "fluid",
scale_fluid_usage = true,
effectivity = 1,
fluid_box = {
filter = "steam",
production_type = "input",
pipe_picture = machinepipes(),
pipe_covers = pipecovers(),
volume = 50,
pipe_connections = {
{ flow_direction = "input-output", direction = defines.direction.west, position = { -1, 0 } },
{ flow_direction = "input-output", direction = defines.direction.east, position = { 1, 0 } }
},
secondary_draw_orders = { north = -1 },
--minimum_temperature = 100,
--maximum_temperature = 500
}
}

a month ago

Thanks. I'll have a look.

a month ago

Should be fixed with 2.8.0.

a month ago

Hi! Just to be clear. Is the intention of the mod that the steam assemblers would only be able to be used if the steam's temperature is (15ºC), so you won't be able to use them with a boiler? (165ºC).
To better "paraphrase" my problem: I can't use the steam assemblers with a boiler after taking a big stack of them to Nauvis. Is this intended? Or am I supposed to make steam at 15ºC in some kind of way that I didn't notice? You can't get moist stromatolite remnant on Nauvis in any way, right?
If this is wrong, then it's not fixed, at least on my game :c I got the v2.8.1

a month ago

No, it's not intended. I removed the temperature restrictions so all temperaturs should work. If that doesn't help, we really need to wait for a fix in the engine.

a month ago

Sure! I'll let you know when I get the new update! Ty for your time.

New response