Hardcorio:SC2

by maroder

Version 26.12.2017. Remake of Stx3's Hardcorio:SC2. Hardcorio:SC2 turns Factorio into a hardcore survival game, by completely replacing the enemies, combat mechanics and added life support requirements.

Overhaul
1 year, 5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Horribly Balanced

4 years ago

From the way "biters" attack, to the needed resources needed to build, to the research needed to the very core of the 3 survival mechanics (food, air and water), this mod is HORRIBLY balanced. I would go as far as to say it's not balanced at all.

4 years ago

Have you seen the modification settings? They can make the game much easier. Roughly speaking: you can turn on enemies only when you have a ready-made base with many resources and research technologies. You will decide.

4 years ago

I have, thanks! The complexity in the settings alone is something that needs rework (in my opinion). The core idea of this mod is GREAT and I want to play it very badly but the struggles that game brings (at least for a single player experience) is not fun in its current state. An example of making these more fun or easier would be:

1: When gathering trees, they can also have berries or fruit in them to eat.
2: Gather water by hand or by bucket, it would be much slower and less effective but a viable solution in the early game.
3: Oxygen is used way too quickly. No tips on this one, as it seems like an additional complex system that doesn't feel rewarding to get. Perhaps having poison clouds around the map that requires the use of oxygen to be in without taking damage.

I'm sure I could come up with more ideas and hope this mod can progress in a way that would make it fun to play; not a hassle as it seems now.

New response