Hardcorio:SC2

by maroder

Version 26.12.2017. Remake of Stx3's Hardcorio:SC2. Hardcorio:SC2 turns Factorio into a hardcore survival game, by completely replacing the enemies, combat mechanics and added life support requirements.

Overhaul
1 year, 5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Feature list?

7 years ago

Is there a feature list for this mod I'm missing? Saw something about Hydras in the changelog and nothing about them in the description. Wondering what else isn't listed.

7 years ago

The enemies are from other games. I think the omission of those details from the description might be intentional?

I think the main description is fairly accurate in terms of features. Custom tech tree, custom weapons, new logistics features, the need for food, water and air.

There are many things to discover about the enemies and how they work, and that's a fun part of the game. At least if you like a challenge.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

My dissatisfaction is mainly due to me looking for a zerg mod of some sort(not going well) and was a bit displeased the description didn't go over that aspect despite including SC2 in the title.

From what I have read, one cant disable anything in the mod through a config file of some sort. I looked through the mod by hand couldn't find anything to contradict what I read.

EDIT: Heh. Just found out SC2 stands for second chance 2 after launching the mod.
Class choosing needs tooltips or documentation.

7 years ago

I think you'll be happy with the enemies. :)

I agree. A lot of stuff requires a little more documentation.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I think this is partly because the language barrier. The current author uses google translate to communicate here. So a full description would be hard i assume.

7 years ago

My attempt to a feature list:

Features:
1. classes - different character classes to choose from
2. Survival - Manage Food, Water and Air of your character.
3. Enemys - complete rework of all the enemy to resemble units from Starcraft
4. defend - defende agains wave based attacks that become stronger and more frequent as you go. Based on time not pollution. If your spaceship is destroyed you loose.
5. Weapons - use a complete new set of weapons and turrets to defend, that need radars to work properly.

New response