Hardcorio:SC2

by maroder

Version 26.12.2017. Remake of Stx3's Hardcorio:SC2. Hardcorio:SC2 turns Factorio into a hardcore survival game, by completely replacing the enemies, combat mechanics and added life support requirements.

Overhaul
1 year, 5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g I like this mod a lot

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I am fighting my way through it, is hard but was manageable. But now i am a little lost. The bases have grown and i wanted to get out and fight now i have a modular armor. But hell the enemy bases are strong, i can kill all buildings except the main building. It is regenerating so fast i cant kill it. After trying different strategies i cheated for testing propose. Even with a tank and all upgrades i cant kill the hive.

Is there something i am doing wrong? Or should the base be there forever?

7 years ago

You can first destroy other buildings. This will reduce the health regeneration of the main structure to zero.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

OK thanks this will help :)
Testet it and it seems to work on one base. But not on another i tested(still regenerating fast), are the elerium extractors considerd buildings? They take very little damage and regenerate health so quick i would need a big supply of ammunition.

7 years ago

You can see the different types of damage resistance. A negative value means that the structure will receive additional damage.

7 years ago

OK more testing
Attack on a Lair 4
Health 117500
Resistances:
Acid: 0/90%
Claw: 0/90%
Explosion: -43,75/0%
Fire 0/31.25%
Physical 0/31.25%
Piercing: 0/100%

With the flamethrower it is going down slow and can be killed.
https://youtu.be/laWxYWNH-DY?t=1064

Attack on a Hive 4
Health 235000
Resistances:
Acid: 0/90%
Claw: 0/90%
Explosion: -43,75/0%
Fire 0/31.25%
Physical 0/31.25%
Piercing: 0/100%

https://youtu.be/9pNxV232KVs?t=686

Only the HP are different but no way i can destroy it with my weapons.
If i look at damage values and do the math its not getting better. A grenade 105mm (HE) will do 162 Explosion damage (All combined ~600 Damage) with this -43,75 Damage of the resistance it will not change much.
Flamethrower seems to be the only viable option to killing the main buildings. Maybe with a turret creeping strategy i could work
HP Regeneration is to high, there are no more buildings (only extractors) if i am not mistaking.

I have the feeling that I'm not getting how it should work. Or there is in issue with the way the mod handels bases. The base is dead, the queen that spawns from time to time is no big thread so it should be possible to destroy it.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Sorry for my perfect English. Basically this Google-translation mixed with my knowledge of the language.

You can first destroy other buildings. This will reduce the health regeneration of the main structure to zero.

How to explain that the health regeneration will not be at all? Zero regeneration. Without the restoration of health in the main building.

Extractors restore a little more health than spawners. The rest of the construction (additional building) add health regeneration extractors and spawners. If you destroy some extractor or spawner with additional buildings, then that buildings will also be destroyed.
If you destroy the main structure with some spawners or/and extractors, then it will also be destroyed.

You can see the different types of damage resistance. A negative value means that the structure will receive additional damage.

Extractors do not have damage resistance, but they have a small health regeneration without additional buildings.

Nobody has written a bug-report on the localization technologies with numbers. I noticed this flaw in the first video. Fixed in 2.2.222.

Some more information:
At the 22nd video I noticed that your base attacked by acid bombs. Lair can produce them. Since they invisible for turrets, they bring a lot of trouble. When will be able to use the Observers to detect them.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

No problem english is not my native language so we will figure it out.
But i don't get exactly how it should work.

So every building even the extractors add to the regeneration of the main structure. So i should clear everything out first before trying to kill the main building?
So i have testet it. If i kill the extractors the main building is not longer gaining health -> OK.
Still it is a boring process, the extractors take
around 70 5,56x45mm magazines with the M60. The amount is not the problem it is the time it takes to kill one. The Main building takes even more time.
It is just not fun for me to stand there doing nothing and holding a button, even with turrets it's a bit tedious.

How about a special bomb, that can be placed near the hive. That blows it out of existence, after every other building has been destroyed.
Or more damage from Explosions when all other buildings are cleared (I don't now if it is possible). I testet the available rockets against the hive...they do not nearly enough damage to be an option.
The Grenade 105mm (HE) can inflict 480 damage combined (without upgrades). The M60 with normal bullets would do more damage in 3 seconds of firing.

On the acid bombs. Is it intended that they move through the whole base before they explode?
Example:
https://youtu.be/F81W6idECwc?t=612

I don't understand the observer? It can detect the bombs? So my turreds can shoot the bombs? Or how can an observer help me against the bombs?
In the description is mentioned 32 blocks range this means the space an inverter would occupy? (Not Chunks)

7 years ago

Extractor settings are not changed, unlike other enemy structures. In the later stages, they can be killed in a few seconds. Do not forget that the additional structure of the extractor (Sunken) was added to it an additional health regeneration.

Regarding the acid bombs: it is actually exactly as you described. Observer does acid bombs visible to the turrets in the area 64x64 cells. The center of this area is the Observer's position.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Thank you for playing this mod. You can get some bug fixes and improvements. ;)

Also, you can experience an additional air-transport, adapted for this mod now. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/maroder/Raven
In your game now, it is unlikely to be useful. But if there are obstacles between your bases (except the enemies), it will be quite useful.

7 years ago

Nice i will give it a try

7 years ago

About the damage from sniper rifles: the second value is applied only to units. Thus sniper rifles are extremely useful against the units and do not allow a greater distance to cause great damage to buildings.

New response