Hardcorio:SC2

by maroder

Version 26.12.2017. Remake of Stx3's Hardcorio:SC2. Hardcorio:SC2 turns Factorio into a hardcore survival game, by completely replacing the enemies, combat mechanics and added life support requirements.

Overhaul
1 year, 5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Spawning

7 years ago

I've been writing a survival scenario myself and having played this, I wanted to make some remarks:

• You really need to validate spawn locations (surface.find_non_colliding_position()) as I found enemies spawning on water and bypassing walls.
  • Enemy spawn rate should be tied to pollution to better fit the pacing of Factorio rather than being time-based.
  • Spawners are way too strong. Walling the player in with nearly impossible to kill spawners/queens restricts the player far too much in early game.
  • What's the win condition? I assume it's feeding enough resources into the crashed ship, but how much is enough?
7 years ago

I've been writing a survival scenario myself and having played this, I wanted to make some remarks:

• You really need to validate spawn locations (surface.find_non_colliding_position()) as I found enemies spawning on water and bypassing walls.

I think for some enemy's it by design. But i also find it a bit annoying to have them run over my wall, kill the inserter and starve the turret from ammunition.

• Enemy spawn rate should be tied to pollution to better fit the pacing of Factorio rather than being time-based.

I disagree, one of the best things in this mod is the wave based approach. I would love this mechanic in vanilla Factorio.

• Spawners are way too strong. Walling the player in with nearly impossible to kill spawners/queens restricts the player far too much in early game.

The queen is not the big problem, when you build yourself a sniper rifle it is not that hard to kill the queen. The first problem i see is the damage to to player, even with armor the enemy hits like a truck. I cleared out the whole base of the enemy no thread is there expect for a queen every X minutes. But the main building is to strong (got the tip with killing every other building so stop it from regenerating)

• What's the win condition? I assume it's feeding enough resources into the crashed ship, but how much is enough?

I don't think there is one yet? When the ship is repaired you can produce a new ship. Build this and repair it -> nothing happens.
But if i'm wrong i would like to know what the win condition is.

New response