Hardcorio:SC2

by maroder

Version 26.12.2017. Remake of Stx3's Hardcorio:SC2. Hardcorio:SC2 turns Factorio into a hardcore survival game, by completely replacing the enemies, combat mechanics and added life support requirements.

Overhaul
1 year, 5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Enemys spawn in my base

7 years ago

Enemys spawn inside my factory.
i have put radars all over my base (its not a very big base) but enemys still spawn right nextto my buildings. As i can see, its always on the shore, but maybe thats just occasion, cause 1 side of my base is totally shore...
anyway to keep them from spawning inside the base?

7 years ago

I know about this problem and I can fix it. However, this fix will add other issues that are more important than the appearance of enemies near the buildings.

7 years ago

Was this ever fixed? I think I've seen this happen. It's like there are some set positions for enemy waves to appear from. Even if you expand onto that area and kill the nearby base the spawn location remains.

Maybe the algorithm for spawning could be changed to something like this:

1. let p be <the point the spawn would normally start from>
  2. let v be the vector p - <position of the player's crash site>
  3. let v' be the normalised vector v
  4. while a player building exists within 32 tiles of p...
  5. let p = p + v' * 32

So in other words, the game would move the spawn point directly away from the player's starting location in a straight line by 32 squares at a time until there's nothing around.

This should preserve the general direction of the attack and it won't push the attack much farther out than it needs to.

(Actually this touches upon an important question about this mod: what is the ultimate goal? If it's about long term survival and repairing the space ship isn't enough, then the player will need to keep expanding. Survival consumes resources since there are infinite enemies and the walls have to be repaired all the time and new ammunition built.

So if the goal is to make a kind of mega factory of survival, it's important that expanding works in a way that makes sense and is fun. Enemies appearing inside of your walls doesn't make that much sense. :) )

3 years ago

its not fixed i just picked up this mod in 2021 and they still spawn inside the base from time to time. and its annoying as hell since the mod is really fun but the enemies cant keep spawning in the base

3 years ago

In this topic, the problem was the spawn of the attack wave on the coast. The script did not check for the presence of a reservoir in the spawn area and put the attack units in the nearest free space, which was located behind the player's line of defense.

Now they can spawn on the coast if your buildings are not within a radius of 40 cells.

New response