Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g Ship must be to close to the land for unloading

6 months ago

Hi, in older versions (for me years last time) i have not this problem - it was fine, but now i have this: https://ibb.co/gVQxbsF (picture)

You see at ship 1 this is what the ship need to be unloading. The loader (also arms) glitches in the ship or are invisble (both) and the ship loocks that they accident with the land. It looks not verry right.

Ship 2 is what the ship should be right but than nothing can uploading (ok long arms could but it needs feeling years for unloading 1.000 stacks).

Why you have chance this upload border? And how i can change it so that the Ships loading border are one wider in left and right? I have watched in the files but there are so many and i have absolute no idear which from the numbers are the important. Or maybe it wasn't your intention and you want to correct it yourself?

Thank you for your time.

robot256 β˜†
6 months ago

This was because of the change in Factorio's rail API. When they eliminated the glitches that allowed modded rails to cross without colliding, they also made it impossible to make rails wider than 2 tiles. Inserters use the bounding box of the rail, not the wagon.

Since I am only maintaining this mod after the author moved on, I have not looked into any hacks to get around this issue. They would likely be script-intensive.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Only that I understand this correctly by the translation. Gripper arms and loader do not ask how far away the wagon is, but how far away the track is? Ok, this is not so good news. Means there is no easy way to widen/narrow the "cargo box".

I suppose we could get the loader wider, but that would cause numerous other problems. Maybe we need a kind of overloading crane (a whole new item) - but since the mod is not further modded and "only" kept running (thank you for that), it will probably never happen.

Very sad but there is nothing you can do. I thank you for your patience, time and explaning.

In case I will probably use the optics to love an armada of red grappling arms on both sides of the ship.

Have a great time and thank you.

New response