Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b oil on land

2 years ago

got oil on land disabled in startup option yet it still spawns

2 years ago

Share your save please?

2 years ago

It seems like you have oil frequency turned all the way down. That's going to make it pretty hard to find anywhere.

Was land oil disabled from the beginning of your save? CTG is in the dependency list so it should force Cargo ships to wait until CTG has finished modifying the chunk before deciding if oil is allowed there. But there could be a glitch, and that chunk was one that used to be water before CTG ran on it.

I haven't tested with CTG much at all lately. Right now I'm having trouble getting any oil to generate with these settings.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I think this is actually an interaction with RSO. I don't know what to do about it, but it looks like the rest of the oil will be generated properly only on the water. Did you change mods or settings partway through the save?

I deleted the chunks and regenerated them, and the oil did not reappear.

Do not use the /regenerate-oil command, because that will undo the changes that RSO made. Do not use the /rso-regenerate command, because that won't trigger the sea-oil generator. I have some ideas for an update to make these work together better.

Edit: If you do want to try regenerating the oil without using the editor or console commands that disable achievements. Try running /regenerate-oil, then /rso-regenerate, then /regenerate-oil again.

2 years ago

i did not change settings after start, i did even generate this map few times before we started playing it and with this settings there is oil in sea , not much but it sure is - 1 patch quite far up north and 2nd southeast. Before we started play we only changed frequency of some ore (dunno which) after doing so every ore switch places so we could play without knowing whats where ... there was no oil on land at all then, wierd thing about oil was that it was always in same spot on sea and when i changed frequency it didnt do anything , i mean when i changed from 33% to 100% there was no diffrence but when it got to max then it was more oil , i did not report it cos we didnt test it too much and did not generate map to full cos we got enough of generating maps and wanted start play
im going to generate more of this map now and also try commands you posted and will give you results soon

2 years ago

This mod has no effect on frequency. All it does is allow vanilla oil to generate on both land and sea, then alter or remove what is created. So it is entirely RSO and CTG controlling what goes where.

2 years ago

yea its wierd stuff this oil on land there, we did disable few mods after start but unrelated (some wind turbines+changing wind speed). Also this oil is quite far from our start point and did not generate at start and we were around spawn point only for whole time, then we got cars and drive to scout and like 2nd thing we found was this oil so i think even if we did mess something up ... its not possible we changed mods or settings while we were driving ...

2 years ago

/regenerate-oil, then /rso-regenerate, then /regenerate-oil again <-- this works but it also regenerate biters so we not going do this unless you got some magic that removes biters too (not all of them tho just those around)

2 years ago

ok there is no more oil on land however i did find some land oil on sea , i mean near sea oil there is other oil (visible only when you hover mouse over it cos it got no purple dots) its close but it is other patch with lot less richness , not big deal at all just strange
its probably this outdated ctg messing up ... it mess up with RSO regular ores too, so bad :( it can generate so nice maps ... we gonna play it like this is anyway tho, ty for trying to help :)

2 years ago

The cargo ships algorithm will make one deep oil deposit per chunk from all the oil that spawned in that chunk. With RSO, there can be 30 deposits in one chunk and 3 that spill into an adjacent chunk. That is why they are so different.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

i got 2-3 sea oil deposits near each other and then close i got 3 more land like , i call them land like cos their richness is in hundreds % but sea oil is hundreds of thousand (cant check now but i think its 300.000% richness on those 2-3 visible sea oil and then next to it is 200% deposit)

i added "10 *" to code in oil placement file , thats why its so rich , to counter its rarity

2 years ago

Yeah that's normal. Tap the ones you want and ignore the rest. Did you see the mod setting to give bonus to sea oil? Maybe the range for the setting needs to increase?

2 years ago

yes i had to to max too

2 years ago

I just published an update with these changes. "Very-good" is now 10x instead of 4x. And the /regenerate-oil command properly works with RSO installed.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I think your update just broke something:

"Failed to load mods: _ cargo-ships /settings-updates.lua:16: attempt to index field 'no_shallow_oil' (a nil value) stack traceback:
_ _cargo-ships
_/settings-updates.lua:16: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
- cargo-ships (0.1.17)"[1]

Don't know if it's related, but I did notice a circular dependency between Cargo Ships and Cargo Ships Graphics. As for other mods I have, off the top of my head both Alien Biomes and RSO might plausibly affect map-, shallow water- and resource generation. Everything was working fine an hour ago.

[1] There should be another '_' immediately before the first 'cargo-ships' that apparently the forum decided to interprete as formatting.

2 years ago

Fixed now. Thanks

2 years ago

[1] There should be another '_' immediately before the first 'cargo-ships' that apparently the forum decided to interprete as formatting.

The mod portal makes use of Markdown, and that uses a pair of "_" to mark emphasis. When you want to post code (including error messages), you should mark it by indenting the lines with 4 spaces.

2 years ago

ty for update :)
/regenerate-oil command seems to regenerate bitters too , even inside our base :P not big deal tho we sure gonna use that 1 lucky land oil patch we got before sailing for bigger stuff ;)

2 years ago

Yeah there isn't any way to control what RSO regenerates yet.

2 years ago

land oil still spawn on our map, we found 2 more places with land oil (far away this time) , same map, same save (i can share our recent save if you want)

2 years ago

Hi, I have this issue as well. I'm not using RSO or CTG. I could be mistaken, but I think the oil on land appears on the new tiles added by alien biomes.

https://imgur.com/7ua3f92

2 years ago

Wyrd_Star, can you post the save file please?

2 years ago

I don't have a save file, I was just looking at map previews.

2 years ago

I was looking at previews again, below is the map exchange string and mod list. Maybe angel's mods messes it up? It changes the name of oil to "multi phase oil" I don't know if it makes a new prototype or not.

https://pastebin.com/KC4f9kne
https://pastebin.com/uxWYDfxX

2 years ago

Thank you for clarifying. Map previews will always show oil on land. The oil on land is removed by a script when the map is actually played.

2 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up. This leads into a suggestion. Can the water oil wells be implemented as a new type of resource patch instead of playing around with the way it behaves after it's generated? Firstly, does it even make sense. Second, would that be too much work?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

hello
for me and my newest save its standard that oil is on land even with this option disabled (not preview just regular game) , tbh i got used to it now , what kinda bother me still is that this land oil spawn on water too not only on land ... ( land oils got smaller icon and also in my game 100 less richness , just recently i found out 1 "sea"oil with 7 more land oil quite far on water)

there is more thing tho - for me (and i saw really lot this "land"oil" sea or not) it nearly always was with some other ore or standard sea oil , never alone
so with RSO there is this option to let ores spawn together (mulitple resources per spawn option) so mayby it works ok when it just spawn BUT when it doesnt spawn as 1st resource but is added as 2nd then it bugs , that at least would explain why all land oil i got is near coal and also why those sea oil is surrounded by this other kinda regular patches

New response