Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Logistic Train Network Integration Issues

2 years ago

The Offshore Oil Rig does not provide any way to read its internal storage for integration with Logistic Ports. Is it possible to add a third option in the circuit network toggle that makes it read its contents like a tank? I am using a offshore capacity of 500000 so not having to place Landfill would be really nice!

Thanks

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Very good suggestion. I will look into this when I have time.

2 years ago

Thank you kindly :)

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

I see what the problem is. The oil rig is created as a type of pumpjack, and the buffer is actually an extra-large internal pumpjack buffer. In the Factorio game, you can't read internal buffer contents on a circuit wire. So this will have to be done by a script, with another hidden combinator entity, or by creating a hidden tank entity to use as the buffer instead. Not sure when I'm going to get to this.

It's not really intended for LTN anyways, because the oil rig buffer is smaller than the tanker (and in real life, rigs often pump directly into tankers like that).

2 years ago

I see what the problem is. The oil rig is created as a type of pumpjack, and the buffer is actually an extra-large internal pumpjack buffer. In the Factorio game, you can't read internal buffer contents on a circuit wire. So this will have to be done by a script, with another hidden combinator entity, or by creating a hidden tank entity to use as the buffer instead. Not sure when I'm going to get to this.

It's not really intended for LTN anyways, because the oil rig buffer is smaller than the tanker (and in real life, rigs often pump directly into tankers like that).

Then how is the mod supposed to be used integrating LTN? I've had a few issues, since LTN loves timing out shipments if they take too long, and I don't want to have to place landifll. Would I use a hybrid system instead? Something like a central terminal that all the boats go to themselves, and then if I need to move the oil again by boat I have a second station that's hooked up to LTN?

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

In truth, I can't answer your question. I only started maintaining the mod recently.
I have not used LTN Ports at all, and oil rigs only a little. I suspect it was not intended for LTN ports to be used at oil rigs, only at transer stations.

With the new train limits, you can set each oil rig port to a limit of 1. Then add as many tankers as you have oil rigs. Then the unloading ports can request the nearest full tanker by changing their train limit from 0 to 1. No LTN required.

New response