Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g cargo ship problems

2 years ago

the singles seem to break the ai then anything else (video can be provided it should help)

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Thanks for the report, but there is nothing I can do about that. I reported it to AAI Programmable, but there is probably nothing they can do about it either. The game doesn't like to use the biter pathfinding algorithm in a way that avoids land instead of avoiding water. The only way you can use it is if you plan the path perfectly around all the shorelines.

IF the AAI developers determine no solution exists, they may decide to remove AI boats completely to stop the complaints about them.

2 years ago

well that does not make sense the ships act like trains not the bugs which acts as a individual which hates water use the train AI because its literally just a train according to the game

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. Please give me more information about what you are seeing, like that video you offered. What is a "single", which AI, what about it breaks.

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Ships behave exactly like trains, but they can never drive backwards. The signal buoy must always be on the righthand side as the ship passes it. Bidirectional water rails are possible if a matching buoy is placed on the other side, but you still need a turnaround loop after the port station.

2 years ago

which i do on all ends

2 years ago

oh and i did test it along with no other lines on the same line which it did work intel i added more line that used and passed thro the line everything was still fine if i made a turn off when i got to the points it needed buoys thats when things exploded

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Where is the ship trying to go? In the video, you first put the signals on the horizontal track on the north side, which only allows east-towest travel. You change the signal on the west of the intersection to the southward side of the track, but you didn't change the signal on the east side of the intersection. So the only allowed path entering from the west side is to turn south.

If ships are supposed to both enter and exit a particular track in an intersection, you need a double signal on that track. Place the first one, then you'll see the white box on the opposite side where you can place another signal to make it bidirectional. This works fine with ships just like for trains.

For more details the vanilla train tutorials will help.

2 years ago

to both coasts that where i think where shown

New response