Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

i Make the personal boat faster?

2 years ago

Can we make the little personal boat a little faster?

When exploring large expanses of ocean, it just gets so BORING. It's not like going to fast is an issue, there is nothing to run into!

I don't know why it's so much slower than the car. The boat goes like 44 with coal, but even the car goes like twice that speed.

robot256 ☆
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

That's just the way it is :) Boats go slower than cars, unless they are specifically designed for speed. You can increase the speed modifier in the settings if you want. Or try the Hovercraft mod.

When I finally get time to work on adding features, the option to add more boats will really help. We could really use a speedboat, armed landing craft, battleship, car ferry, etc.

2 years ago

Ok I see where the setting is. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it a setting that can't be changed after the game has started. I'm not sure why this can't be changed while playing, it seems like it should be able to.

robot256 ☆
2 years ago

It's a startup setting. It changes the boat's speed in the prototype, which is set during loading. You can change it on the Factorio main menu, reload the game, then reload the save file (don't resync mod settings) and the new setting value will take effect.

2 years ago

Ohh, ok. Awesome. Thanks!

robot256 ☆
2 years ago

Right now it changes both the boat and the ship speed together. If it's important for them to be separate, I could probably separate them.

2 years ago

We could really use a speedboat

Yes. :)

I’m good with the starter boat with the speed it has, but a later tech speedboat with smaller inventory (if any) that’s at least 50-100% faster would be great. :)

New response