Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b [Fixed] No chemical science required

2 years ago

Deep sea oil extraction research does not require chemical science no matter what you set the Oil rigs without chemical science settings to (tried both checked and unchecked).

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next release.

2 years ago

Sice we are starting today and I'm not sure when the update will be (we probably won't be researching it untill tomorrow). I looked at it a bit and since the recipe seems to want it:
if settings.startup["deep_oil"].value then
data:extend{
{
type = "technology",
name = "deep_sea_oil_extraction",
icon = GRAPHICSPATH .. "technology/deep_sea_oil_extraction.png",
icon_size = 256,
effects = {
unlock("oil_rig"),
},
prerequisites = {"tank_ship", "oil-processing"},
unit = {
count = 200,
ingredients = {
{"automation-science-pack", 1},
{"logistic-science-pack", 1},
{"chemical-science-pack", 1}
},
time = 30
},
order = "c-g-b",
},
}

I would assume the mistake is somewhere in here:
if settings.startup["deep_oil"].value and (settings.startup["no_oil_on_land"] or settings.startup["no_oil_for_oil_rig"].value) then
data.raw.technology["deep_sea_oil_extraction"].unit = {
count = 300,
ingredients = {
{"automation-science-pack", 1},
{"logistic-science-pack", 1},
},
time = 30
}
end

Could I change this:
if settings.startup["deep_oil"].value and (settings.startup["no_oil_on_land"] or settings.startup["no_oil_for_oil_rig"].value) then
to this:
if settings.startup["no_oil_for_oil_rig"].value then

Will that fix it or will it just cause problems.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Regarding SunTroll's post:

The second part looks strange: You just check for settings.startup["no_oil_on_land"] being present, while you look at the value of settings.startup["no_oil_for_oil_rig"]. Shouldn't that rather be

if settings.startup["deep_oil"].value and (settings.startup["no_oil_on_land"].value or settings.startup["no_oil_for_oil_rig"].value) then

I'm absolutely not sure if that would solve the original problem, but it would take care of cases where settings.startup["no_oil_on_land"].value == false.

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Yes, it's just missing the ".value". I can post the update right now since you asked nicely :)

2 years ago

Seems to be fine now. Thanks for the fast update.

New response