Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b [Fixed] Trees on ore deposits cannot be destroyed

2 years ago

When Cargo Ships is installed, it's impossible to chop down trees that are located on ore deposits. Tested with Alien Biomes. I'm not sure if this happens with vanilla trees as well but it probably does considering how they're all implemented the same.

Removing Cargo Ships fixes the issue. The version I've got installed is 0.1.11.

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

Vanilla trees actually work, it is the modded trees that are different. They will have to fix it in Alien Biomes. From my post on their discord:

I found the conflict between Alien Biomes and Cargo Ships. In Vanilla, both resources (ores) and tree have selection-priority=50, and trees have priority because their collision mask includes water-tile (which is greater than resource-layer, the highest mask on the ores).

Alien Biomes changes the selection priority of ores to 0. It also creates new trees with selection priority also set to 0. But it leaves vanilla trees with selection priority of 50.

When Cargo Ships adds the new collision layer ('land-resource') to ores and water tiles, it now has priority over the modded trees with equal selection priority. I did not see this before because the vanilla trees still have selection priority of 50, so trees behaved correctly on Nauvis in my test world.

I'm not sure why Alien Biomes needs to change the selection priorities of either trees or ores. But I think it would make sense to have it set all the trees to something higher than the ores. It certainly is confusing right now with some trees being different from the others.

I can modify the priority of Alien Biomes trees in Cargo Ships, but I would rather agree on the best solution before causing new problems. When Alien Biomes is not installed, Cargo Ships changes the selection priority of ores from 50 to 49 to make sure trees take precedence.

2 years ago

Hi thx robot256 for your suggestion, Indeed changing the selection priority of Alien Biomes trees to 50 solves the issue. If you want to solve the issue yourself , you can go into your mod folder unzip alien-biomes and open following file with text editor mods/alien-biomes/prototypes/entity/trees.lua if you search for following piece of code: "selection_priority = 0," change the value to 50 and solved save the file and done

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

I have added a fix to Cargo Ships for trees with priority=0, so this should be resolved now. I brought it up with Earendel's team but don't know when they will change it on their end.

2 years ago

thx :)

New response