Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

i πŸ’‘ Config option for Floating Electric Pole

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Would it be possible to have the Floating Electric Pole have a config to disable it (I want to encourage many small bases on islands with independant power in my pack).

Thanks

snouz β˜†
2 years ago

That's very specific though ! Not sure it's relevant to enough players to be an official option. Since you're creating a pack, it's very easy to fix that, just remove the technology. So in data-updates.lua, add:

if data.raw["technology"]["oversea-energy-distribution"] then
data.raw["technology"]["oversea-energy-distribution"].hidden = true
end

it will hide the tech and thus never unlock the recipe. You can create an option in your pack too. Hope it helps

2 years ago

Cool. Thanks

6 months ago

i would also be interested in this as i would prefer to not have the floating power polls. For context i am on an extremely hard death world where water is valuable to box yourself into corner's and allow easily hopping to another coast without clearing biters so it feels "cheaty" to run a power line through the water to an outpost to avoid needing the logistics of moving steam / resource for power generation.

A tick box in the options where the above script is wrapped in an if check at the end of the startup would be enough to allow this?

New response