Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b ✔️Oil Deep Sea Generation Crash

3 years ago

Creating another thread to this as I've been asked a couple times to remove my fork.

The Deep Sea Oil generation script still runs regardless of map settings. It seems the setting only changes if it is actually placed down. In cases where oil deposits are removed entirely, the game thus crashes as the script still runs and tries to find a deep sea oil entity that doesn't exist. I don't know if this is actually the case -- Im an amateur at best with this stuff -- but based on the current working solution this seems to be the case.

The fork's solution is thus simple: put the call of the deep sea oil generation script in a conditional controlled by the map setting. Then it never tries to find the oil which doesn't exist. If this could be implemented, that'd be great as I love this mod and love to play with it but can't stand being locked to one continent as any expansion crashes with your version.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Seablock 0.5.5 (August 2021) added compatibility code to make sure the deep sea oil setting stays permanently disabled. It seems to load for me. Does this fix your issue? I think the problem might have been that with "Use different mod settings per save" enabled, it was difficult to get the runtime setting to stick manually before loading the game at all. Seablock simply removes all other other options from the menu.

Your solution of disabling the on_chunk_generated event is a good idea for performance regardless. I'll see if it can be included in the next release. I'm also confused why the oil settings are still runtime settings. Resource generation is usually configured in startup settings, which also makes it easier to force a save to load with different settings.

2 years ago

This is now completely fixed in Cargo Ships 0.1.2 and above. Please give it a try and see what you think!

New response