Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
4 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g ❓ Can't place cargo ship on the waterways

3 years ago

Trying to place the cargo ship, but it doesn't seem to be able to detect the waterways. It keeps telling me there are no rails. Am I missing something?

3 years ago

Update: I have been troubleshooting all day, and there are some things I have found out. When trying to put the patrol boat on a waterway, it will act like it was successfully placed, you get the message that it is "Placing boat on water-ways" but the boat is not actually placed. I do have some other mods, and playing on 1.1
The major mods I have are Space Exploration, Krastorio 2, and Mining Space Industries 2. Interestingly, when you hover over the items
for water-ways it says the source is Cargo Ships>Space Exploration>Space Exploration Postprocess (Required)
for the cargo ship it is Cargo Ships>Space Exploration
And for the patrol boat it is Cargo Ships>Krastorio 2>AAI Industry>Krastorio 2>Space Exploration Postprocess (Required)

3 years ago

sounds like one of those other mods makes some changes to all trains/rails/car entities that cause the final behaviour. If I find the time over the holidays i ll look into the issue and try to fix it.

3 years ago

Alright, thanks =)

2 years ago

I'm having this same "must be placed on Rails" issue.... won't place in water, then if you hover over rails it turns green, then you click and it says must be placed in waterway with sufficient space to both sides. Any recommendations ? have a ton of mods... anyone know what to edit to allow it to place in water or ignore rail?

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

If you still have this problem with your mods and the latest version of Cargo Ships, reply with your Factorio_current.log from an attempt and we'll take a look.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm having this same "must be placed on Rails" issue.... won't place in water, then if you hover over rails it turns green, then you click and it says must be placed in waterway with sufficient space to both sides. Any recommendations ? have a ton of mods... anyone know what to edit to allow it to place in water or ignore rail?

If it is still an issue, I found that for me, having what seems like the same problem. Is that you have to make the "Straightway Water" item. Should get unlocked at the same time as when you get the first ship, they don't cost anything to make, and if you place those down like rails, you can put it on that.

robot256 β˜†
2 years ago

The original problem was related to placing the small boat. It normally can be placed anywhere and drives like a car. But if you place it near a water way, it will "snap" to the water way rails. Except sometimes if it was close but not close enough, it would try to snap and give up. I think I improved that but it's still not perfect.

New response