Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
22 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i Move modules to Weapons group, make Shortwave dependency optional

4 years ago

This mod is sooo cool!
Can you please change the following features:
1) Make Shortwave dependency optional. Not everyone needs Circuit network sensor, and extra mods use memory and loading time. Frankly speaking, I couldn't even figure out how to use it.
2) Modules and Radio control should be in the weapons group, as all grid modules and remote controls are
3) Unite sensor researches with respective base game technologies (ex., Gate sensor with Gates). Currently it's too many tiny researches. Splitting them into separate technologies makes sense only if the items are more complex to build. For example if a Radio control would require Transistor chips.
4) Car radio control technology needs a description, if it remains a separate research

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for the ideas.

1) Thanks for your opinion.

2) Maybe, but not convinced. Other mods with similar "tools" that aren't combat related (AAI, Nanobots, Module Inserter) use the tools subgroup too. I've asked for other ideas in this similar thread...

Edit: Also, you might like the Schall Transport Group. I think the fix for supporting it worked.

3) Thanks for your opinion.

4) Good catch, thanks!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

2) Modules and Radio control should be in the weapons group, as all grid modules and remote controls are

@Dragonling:
That's the same thing you suggested over at GCKI, and it's related to what I complained about here. What do you think: would it make sense to add another group to the GUI (like Schall Transport Group, just for handheld tools, such as radio control, vehicle keys etc.), or would that be cluttering up the GUI too much?

If you think adding another group would be a good idea, I think I could make a mod for it. (I'd probably first ask Schallfalke whether he wants to do that, given that the mod would duplicate -- more or less -- the functionality of his Transport Group mod.)

New response