Autodrive

by Pi-C

Car equipment for train avoidance, logistic network integration, circuit network connectivity, fuel refill, ammo reload, vehicle repair, radio control, enemy targeting, and gate control.

Content
24 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g Car radio control under crafting?

4 years ago

Hi, I was looking for the car radio control and couldn't find it under Transport or Logistics. It was in the category "crafting", subgroup "tool". Could you move that to a more appropriate place, please?

dorfl β˜†
4 years ago

Where do you propose?

The current reasoning is:

• It's not a weapon, so Combat is out
  • Other mods with similar tool-like items (eg, AAI, Nanobots, Module Inserter) use the tool subgroup
4 years ago

Where do you propose?

The current reasoning is:

• It's not a weapon, so Combat is out

Completely agree. Don't put something under weapons if it can't be used (directly) for combat!

• Other mods with similar tool-like items (eg, AAI, Nanobots, Module Inserter) use the tool subgroup

Oh, I don't have these mods, so I didn't know about that. I only found it strange to find the radio control under crafting. In my opinion, it doesn't belong there by the same reasoning you applied to weapons: You don't use the radio control to produce new products.

Currently, I really do think that "transport" is most appropriate because the radio control is used to control vehicles. I have to admit, though, that it is more a tool used in the transport context, nothing used to transport stuff (like a car). What do you think of a dedicated "Tools" group, something like Transport Group, just for tools, or handheld controls? Would that make sense, or would yet another group rather clutter up the GUI?

New response