Vehicle Wagon 2

Take with you a fully charged and battle-ready vehicle and take it on a rail trip. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Возьмите с собой полностью заряженный и готовый к бою транспорт и отправьте его в путешествие по железной дороге.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation Trains Combat

b [Fixed] AAI Vehicle Settings disaper when unloading

3 years ago

I am using the AAI Programmable Vehicles mod ( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-programmable-vehicles ) and when i load an AI Type Vehicle on the Vehicle Wagon and unload it again the "AI" disapers.

So to explain further, the AI Vehicles have a menu at the left border of the screen when enterd or selected by the mods remote. The menu is for turning the AI ON/OFF/AUTO. When I want to load the AAI Vehicle i first have to turn the AI off because it is emulating a player, than load it on the Train.
When now unloading the Vehicle an entering it for switching the AI on again (or auto to have to remote control able) the UI is not present anymore.

3 years ago

The problem is that AAI does not handle the script_raised_built event, so it doesn't even know the unloaded vehicle exists. I and at least one other person has suggested the fix in Earendel's Discord but he has not responded. Even if it did, a good bit more code would be required for the vehicle to retain its AAI settings after unloading (rather than being reset as new).
Therefore loading programmable vehicles is not supported.

In the next release I may figure out how to make this clear to the user, hopefully at the same time that Spidertrons start working properly.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, maybe add a startup option to disable disable AAI Vehicle loading and giving a message similar to the "Player in Vehicle" message?

3 years ago

Originally I didn't know how to disable the aai player so I thought that error would stop anyone from loading them! Can certainly do more though.

3 years ago

I finally asked Earendel to fix the bug in AAI Programmable Vehicles that was tripping me up. Now Vehicle Wagon is fully compatible!

3 years ago

I'm have that issue right now and I have posted on Earendel's discord. There might be a likely issue with Combat Mechanics Overhaul.

3 years ago

There is an issue with AAI and Space Exploration spaceships that hasn't been fixed yet. AAI doesn't react to the cloning events when ships are teleported, so programmable vehicles along for the ride get stuck in limbo.

3 years ago

I totally can't replicate it again with latest versions of AAI, VW, SE, and CMO. Can you send a save that has this problem?

New response