Spidertron Waypoints deprecated

Have more control over your spidertrons by using waypoints and creating patrols! Includes customizable 'Time passed' or 'Inactivity' wait conditions. ⚠️ Deprecated. Please use Spidertron Patrols instead. ⚠️

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

a Thoughts for the future... feedback wanted!

3 years ago

Hello all, I've been thinking about the future of this mod and I'd appreciate some feedback from users.

Since 1.1 released vanilla waypoints, the main feature of this mod has become the patrols, and the waypoint mode seems rather redundant. In addition to this, whilst I've got the mode-switching-replaces-items-in-cursor working pretty well and crash/issue free, it is still quite hacky, and has the potential to cause issues with other mods in the future.

I'm wondering whether to simplify the mod with the following: remove all shortcuts and modes, and leave the vanilla remote unchanged. Add a new 'patrol' remote item that only does patrols, which would be behind a new 'Patrol' technology. I'd probably also rename the mod to "Spidertron Patrols".

Is this something you'd like to see? If I did make this change, I don't know how easy it would be to leave the old behaviour behind as a 'legacy' option, so I can't promise anything.

On a separate note, I'm also planning on adding spidertron docks to this mod (or maybe Spidertron Enhancements, thoughts?), which will allow inserters to interact with spidertron inventories.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Well, I did all of this and more in Spidertron Patrols.

New response