Schall Tank Platoon

Adds different classes and tiers of tanks in-par with power armors, having vehicle equipment grid. Aims to fill the gaps the vanilla game should have. Not overhaul nor OP. Vanilla oriented and balanced. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español)

Content
6 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [Responded] Revert graphics changes (Not my problem)

3 years ago

I noticed this changed the textures for the personal equipment to be more flat (like they were before 0.18), and was wondering if you could add a config to disable that.

3 years ago

Do you mean the battery equipment? As I have not changed any other equipment graphics in this mod.
There is already an option not to change the two vanilla personal battery equipment. Check your mod options.

Do you mean the vehicle battery equipment graphics?
The recent 1.0 vanilla battery equipment graphics is pretty hard to work (expand) with. There are no space for adding "another battery" to indicate my MK3 battery, and its colours are not good to work with. So I just dropped such fancy new graphics, and was just reusing the early 0.18 graphics to make all the variations.
I am not a graphics artist, and have no time to work on that. I am merely a programmer specialized in codes.
If you want to contribute some nice new sprite sheets / textures, I am happy to apply them. Otherwise, I will just leave it as is.

3 years ago

Hmmm......guess it was another mod that changed it.

I would love to, but I can't draw art either lol.

3 years ago

I also have the older sprites and made some new ones. I made them green and red instead of blue and red if that's fine, it fits the vanilla sprites better (I also have the blue there if you'd prefer)

https://imgur.com/a/3FtfKYa

3 years ago

Thanks Axiel.
Yet you have only provided the icons part. Do you also have the equipment part?
The vanilla equipment sprites are located in Factorio\data\base\graphics\equipment folder. Base sprites are in size 32×64, hi-res sprites are in size 64×128.

And can you make magenta ones too, for the batteries MK3 in Schall Alien Tech?
Or can you send me your master file, that I can work by myself? (As I have various MK4 equipment in plan of a new mod, though do not expect to come any time soon...)
If you prefer to keep it for your own, then below is my colour code, which I have used in my current scheme.
Base files to work with: Vanilla batteries (Green)
MK1: Cyan (Hue +60)
MK2: Red (Hue -120)
MK3: Magenta (Hue -180)

By the way, your set of icons are not so distinguishable among each other (as the green/red/blue part is rather small). I am not sure if it is really a good idea over my current ones...

The reason not keeping green colour is there are way too many different colour schemes for upgrades of different item series.
Energy shield equipment are using Cyan/blue → Orange.
Battery equipment Green (1 bar) → Green (3 bars).
Belts are using Yellow → Red → Blue.
Bullets are using Yellow → Red → Green.
Inserters (non-filter) are using Yellow/orange → Blue → Light green.

So I absolutely do not want to invent another one or multiple colour schemes for my upgrades in Schall Tank Platoon and Schall Alien Tech.
As my mods are providing upgrades for only equipment (plus Power Armor MK3), so I simply stick everything to the vanilla battery equipment scheme. Adding magenta as the MK3 colour (as they are all based on alien artifact).
Schall scheme: Cyan → Red/orange → Magenta.
Hence I prefer the battery equipment to use the same colour scheme too. (Particularly as the current vanilla battery equipment graphics are hard to be expanded with further upgrades.)

Anyway, I have already provided the option not to change vanilla personal battery graphics, in case users are having other mods (or whatever reasons).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That's totally acceptable! I have the PSD linked below, I figured you might've had a reason for the color scheme anyways. The file is just a simple mask with a hue adjustment applied, nothing complex at all, just took 5 minutes making a mask. I knew I forgot something but couldn't recall, I am going to make PSD files for the equipment icons ASAP and link them below, thanks for the reminder!

I am new to Factorio modding and have little to no knowledge of creating mods and your concerns about it being too small are justified. I think it could be worth a shot, we have small indicators differentiating the level of modules and I don't see it as much of a problem.

https://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/battery-equipment
https://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/battery-mk2-equipment

3 years ago

Alright, I made a set of icons, I believe I set up the folders properly but not entirely sure. PSD's are included in case you wish to make any changes later on. Looking forward to the next update, enjoy!

http://www.filedropper.com/schallgraphics

New response