Schall Remains & Pickup

Inventory items and grid equipment inside destroyed containers, like chests, vehicles (cars, tanks), will now spill over ground, instead of simply vanish. Adds a hotkey to pick items on ground with adjustable pickup radius. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies Storage

g [Solved] after playing with dangOreus for a month i had to install this mod

4 years ago

just wanted to say i loved this mod, and am using it again in another YT series. Just waiting for most of your mods to update to 0.18
I did do a video on remains and pickup in the past here: https://youtu.be/GQIwBi6Kyqw and do plan on doing more videos on the other mods I'm using in the near future

4 years ago

Thanks for your love of my mod. Glad you find this useful.
And thanks for the mod highlight too. I pasted the link on the main page. Explanation from user's perspective is always better than just a wall of text.
Looking at the time of video, there are some improvements made after. (Namely the various "beautiful" placement distributions.) Not that useful to singleplayer games, but could be tons of "fun" to PvP games. (At least on the assailant/offender side...)

BTW, I watched some earlier episodes of your Biter Hell series. (But not the parts about your tank combat or new aliens killings yet.)
Seeing you using my Schall Alien Loot, I have made some changes in the recent update 0.17.8. Hope it will bring the users some better experience.

Right, I am still in progress of updating all my mods to 0.18. I will release them all at once, so this will take a bit time. Hope this won't be long.

4 years ago

Thanks I'm staying on 0.17 for another week, hopefully thats enough time. I saw some of the new effects since doing the video, I do like that things 'explode' everywhere :)

4 years ago

Nice. I am already working on the update.
Most of the work is about graphic update (such as 0.18 use icon mipmaps, different icon size). Have to change all those icon specifications lines, where I have used the vanilla icon graphics. No really big work, but still takes time to do them all. Yeah, so I (hopefully) guess it will not take more time than that.

4 years ago

Just released 0.18 updates. Hope these do not come too late for your game. ;-)

4 years ago

I actually WAITED for your mods, cuz they just made so much of the series! I also attempted to update the mods, but got stuck with the changes to nightvision :(

P.S. if you dont know there is a game engine crash when using modded night vision (at night) should be fixed in 18.04
Also ill be doing a bunch of videos on your mod due to my love of them and their use in my series!

4 years ago

Most work was about graphics (over 90% of time spent).
Glad it was finally done, that I can resume my normal daily life.

In contrast to your attempt, I have no problem understanding nightvision new changes at all. Took me about 30 min from start, preparing new LUT png, to verification testing in game. (Maybe just because I am know how the colour space works in general.)

I did not encounter any game-crashing problem with modded night vision.
Do you mean this bug report? This is the closest one I found on Bug Report section.
Though there are currently no entries about night vision in "Resolved for the next release".
It would be helpful if you can provide an URL.

Looking forward to your game play videos! :-D

4 years ago

original bug report: https://forums.factorio.com/80877
Your bug report it seems :)
Rseding and posila said it was caused by modded night vision during a stream.

4 years ago

Yes, it's by me. ;-)
They didn't tell me the cause, until I saw the update log yesterday.
Do you mean Rseding's TTV stream?

I was curious, because it happened to ZIPPED mod file only, not if the mod is in folder form (where I was developing). At the first sight of this bug screen, I actually thought my upload file was faulty, or the 7-zip software I used generated a faulty file. So I re-uploaded and re-compressed (using other compression software) the mod a few times, but no success. Until I found out the extracted folder form from the supposedly "faulty" ZIP actually runs fine in game... Never think of the problem comes from the game itself.

4 years ago

Yep its from the twitch stream :)
Funny enough i updated your code (well hacked together a update) and it was loading fine (turns out it was during the day and from a folder) so i kept updating mods till i got to the tank platoon.... which required WAY more skill (or time) then i was willing to expend that night

Anyway glad it got updated and i look forward to doing more mod videos in the near future.

4 years ago

Oh, now one more person knows mod updating (at least for my mods) is not a trivial job. I cannot update my mods like other authors who have less and/or simpler mods.

PS: Watched the first half of your Ep79 yesterday night. Knowing you have made your personal fixes on mods you are using. The mod update you have missed in the video, Schall Alien Tech 0.18.1, should have the conflict with FE+ Machines 0.4.1 resolved. (Do not remove your personal folder version yet, in case my update is not successful to you.)

PS2: A little ad when watching you updating your burner power machines. My mods Schall Machine Scaling & Schall Pipe Scaling provide big machines and fluid system of much improved throughput (which was made because I was unsatisfied with crap performance of other fluid mods, caused by NOT obeying game fluid mechanics.) respectively.
My mods are balanced to vanilla, in the sense of no extra module slots or extra speed performance. (In contrast to other machines mods that provide multiple tiers: a bit more recipe ingredients then you get a much better performing MK3.) My mods still require you paying exactly 16× machine cost (including modules in slots) for a 16× speed machine (defined as "+2 machine" in my mods). The only advantage / "cheat" is space requirement. Since you are playing on Death World, this maybe a big enough "cheat" for you. :-)

4 years ago

Yep the fluids are a issue. I'm actually planning on running a future community map full of most/all Schallfalke mods probably on a death death death world.... from what ive seen level XX biters can not be stopped! least not without a player helping

4 years ago

Wow, that is one of the greatest I've heard since start of Factorio modding!
Really want to know how others feel with my mod set.

Well, category XX are not meant to be beatable... Category XII and XIII are the borderlines that I can handle myself (in solo game). But let's see how multiplayer can push up the limit.

4 years ago

March Madness should start 1st of march, and be well epic within a week... maybe 2 weeks.... this month we built a 1024 lane balancer, then 1024 silos and feed 1024 satellites thru the balancer TWICE.. launching after 'test' each u know to confirm it did actually work!
It was done within 14 days.... wasnt challenging enough...
Oh did i mention we also carpeted the whole map with reinforced concrete... u know to prove how rich we were!

4 years ago

Wow, that sounds crazy fun. 16 lane balancer is the limit I know.
Will stay tuned for that. :-D

A little spoiler about my work. I am making a new mod about terrain superweapons, nearly finished.
I have a feeling that you would like this kind of madness...

New response