Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Responded] Space Exploration compatibility

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have massive UPS problems and i think your mod could help.
But is blocked by Space Exploration. Do you know why?
I don't expect scaling of SE buildings but vanilla ones only.

3 years ago

No, I was just told this mod is marked with "!" incompatibility flag by SE,
but no one (neither SE author nor users) has told me the reason.
I think your question should go to the person who impose such flag.

My laptop has serious problem running Factorio with these high-demanding mods installed.
So I cannot make compatibility changes very specific to it, anyway, as I cannot execute on my laptop to test that.
PS: If someone submit a piece of update code (which they have tested themselves), that would be another story.

3 years ago

because Earendel is opinionated about how they want users to play.

in their view, massive buildings will be too "cheaty" in space. I don't like their decision either. it's not possible to override that incompatibility flag without modifying the info.json on everyone's system. Earendel doesn't care about UPS because they don't play the mods they create.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I did ask in the discord channel and got this answer from mernom:

There was some issue, long ago

And this:

I think schall machine scaling broke beacon overload for some reason? I can't find the original bug report

And this:

And I think schall recipe scaling did something which resulted with the wrong recieps getting scaled

I will try it to remove the incompatiblity in the info file of the mod and try it out.

New response