Schall Gun Pod

Adds several bullet-consuming defense equipment. Designed for vehicle grids, function as gun pods (external mount guns) like in modern military aircrafts. Suitable for moving turret creep tactics. Also adds dedicated pods for armoured trains. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i [Solved] Pod reload station?

4 years ago

Any chance you'd be able to put together a way to automatically reload gun pods in automated vehicles?

Mostly I'm looking at trains - if you have to manually reload them, then gun pods are useless on trains, but it would also be useful for AAI intergration.

4 years ago

I have always wanted to, but I do not have any UPS-friendly solution to make that feasible.

First of all, whatever "automatic" actions are actually triggered by an event.
Many "automatic" actions done by other mods are usually using on_tick. I do not like this as solution at all, that will hurt UPS in megabase game. In fact, I do not use any mods that are relying on on_tick event.

Just realized trains have an on_train_changed_state event, which may make use of. That would need tests, to see if it is an event that I can hook to. So no promise if it will works.
There are still no events that will work for cars and tanks though.

Unfortunately, I have a few nearly finished (but still unfinished) new mods that needs my higher attention, but I am too occupied these weeks that I do not really have time on Factorio modding. So don't expect the request can be fulfilled soon.

4 years ago

I'd start by looking at how AAI does it's vehicle cargo transfer depo.

But if you don't think you'll have time (and haven't started yet) I might take a look myself if I can find time and energy (both of which are in short supply for me as well :( )

3 years ago

Hello!
I have just released 0.17.7 / 0.18.1, which make use of on_train_changed_state event to perform "auto" reload gun pods at stations for trains. There are options for when to do it too. Please see if it works for you.

3 years ago

Afaik, the best way to save ups using on tick events is to make sure to space them out, and not to perform too many actions in a single one. You can for a list of all vehicles with gun pods, then for each event, check 10 of them, for example.

3 years ago

A++ feature! its going to make my artillery idea sooo awesome. Thank you very much for implementing it and supporting looking through the entire train to reload pods. I am going to make some awesome turret trains.

New response