Schall Alien Loot

Dead aliens are now good aliens! Aliens will pay for your base defense! On their death, they bring back the 0.14 alien artifact. They also drop alien ores as loots, which can be morphed into ordinary ores like iron ore. Also adds alien science pack that can be used for research in other tech mods. Well-suited for combat-heavy, no-mining scenarios. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español, and 26 Partial)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i [Responded] support for "Lead" and "Krastorio2" (See FAQ)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey, i play with this mod a lot.
Right now I'm playing this mod with Lead and Krastorio2 mods active:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bzlead
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2

I was wondering if you could make it possible to transform alien ores into Lead and Imersite (potentially into rare metals). I feel it could be nice :D
Maybe even Titanium from this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bztitanium (as they are usallay played togever)

Ratios: Basically Every thing like uranium
Break down :
Lead is a basic ore like iron however smelting lead into plates can make copper ores as a side product and so i believe it would be a bit cheaty to have to same ratios as Iron. (basically for every 5 lead plates smelted you get 1 to 2 copper ores. On the other hand it is only for early game as it is only used for pipes and bullets) (click on the link to quickly learn more)
Imersite is a late game resource used for lots of late game powerfull things and so more like uranium ratios.
Titanium needs lub to extract so and is mostly needed for personal equipment or as a steel substitute so maybe uranium ratios. (click on the link to quickly learn more)
Same goes for Rare metals.

Thanks for everything in any case!

3 years ago

It is possible to add support to the above-mentioned three ores you have mentioned.
You have given the mod links with suggested conversion ratios, so it can be done rather easily. (In fact, I have provided a public function call for external mods to use, to generate the conversion recipes easily.)
Expect the update on the coming Thursday, if things go smooth.

BTW, you have suggested the conversion ratios as those in uranium ore, which is:

AO3 1:1, AA 1:5

By then players have to kill at least big biters/spitters (or equivalent) to obtain AO3, which could be rather mid-late game (50% evolution factor).
As you have mentioned lead ore is needed for early game (especially pipes is rather fundamental), I can also add conversion recipes from AO2 and even AO1, if you want, so it can be used in earlier game. You can pick one in the following:
A/ AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Just treat it as precious as uranium ore.)
B/ AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Allow conversion from AO2 without penalty.)
C/ AO1 4:1, AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Allow conversion from AO1 also without penalty.)
D/ AO1 8:1, AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Allow conversion from AO1 with 50% penalty.)
E/ OR suggest your own set of ratios.

Only lead (ore) is for early game? Are Imersite and titanium (ore) still both for late game only?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sorry for the late response.

Only lead (ore) is for early game? Are Imersite and titanium (ore) still both for late game only?

Lead is for early (pipes and bullets...)
Imersite is for late (post rocket launch)
Titanium is mostly for mid game (robot parts/ equipment / and nuclear.)
Raw rare metals are an other ore from K2 used mid game (blue circuits ...)

As you have mentioned lead ore is needed for early game (especially pipes is rather fundamental), I can also add conversion recipes from AO2 and even AO1, if you want, so it can be used in earlier game.

I see. So I'm going to suggest your D/ set of ratios.

D/ AO1 8:1, AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Allow conversion from AO1 with 50% penalty.)

(i did try my own set of Ratios. however i would be needing more testing and math. I also would like to see the outcome with C/ set during my game before coming back to you)

To sum up:

Lead: set D
Titanium: set B
Imersite: set A (K2)
Raw rare metals set B (K2)
What do you think?
Thank you

3 years ago

Have been busy with my three new mods. So finally have time for your request.

Before going into details, I have to correct one thing I have overlooked in my previous reply:
The ratio for AO3 on uranium ore (thus set A) is already penalized by 50%. My other sets were based on this ratio, so it was wrong for me to say, for example, "Allow conversion from AO2 without penalty" for set B. The correct statement would be "Both AO2 and AO3 is penalized by 50%."

So I need to correct the values (and/or statement) for all sets, like the below. All based on your assumption (from first post) for extra copper ore.
A1/ AO3 1:1, AA 1:5 (Just treat it as precious as uranium ore, allow conversion from AO3 with 50% penalty.)
A2/ AO3 1:1, AA 2:5 (A lead is treated as 2 copper ores, allow conversion from AO3 without penalty.)
B1/ AO2 4:1, AO3 1:1, AA 2:5 (Allow conversion from AO2 with 50% penalty.)
B2/ AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 2:5 (Allow conversion from AO2 without penalty.)
C1/ AO1 8:1, AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1, AA 2:5 (Allow conversion from AO1 with 50% penalty.)
C2/ AO1 4:1, AO2 2:1, AO3 1:1 AA 2:5 (Allow conversion from AO1 without penalty.)
D/ OR suggest your own set of ratios.

Hence please revise your choice of ratio sets.

In any case, by the nature of this mod, I feel it is better for my mod to stay early in the mod load order, with consequence mods using optional dependency on this mod. (For example, your suggested Lead mod is loading later than K2 and SE, which is also loading later than a ton of other mods. Putting this mod after them will kind of defeat my purpose of providing public function calls.)
So I would actually prefer to put the necessary code into where those ores are coming from (say, Lead and Titanium mods). Both of them allow GitHub code submission, so I guess brevven will not mind accepting my code there.

Anyway, I have updated my instructions (in FAQ) for fellow modders, for adding morph recipes from external mods. The two example pieces of code (for Lead and Titanium mods) still need adjustments in the numbers, but otherwise already working in the game.

I have not yet made the code for K2, as my laptop is not good at running these high-demanding overhaul mods. Yet the idea stays the same.

3 years ago

I have not received any replies from you, so I have not submitted any code to "Lead", "Titanium" nor "K2".

Anyway, please read my instructions in FAQ. I have put the example code there. You can directly submit the code (feel free to edit with your desired ratios) to the corresponding mods.
I did not make the code for K2 Imersite, but the idea stays the same. Please edit the code yourself and submit to K2 directly. No need to ask for any permission.

New response