Rift Rail (裂隙铁路)


If the game allows railways to exist, then they deserve the right to cross planets portals for cross-surface train teleportation. Supports cybersyn2 and LTN for automated logistics. 如果游戏允许铁路存在,那铁路就该拥有跨越星球的资格 跨地表铁路传送门。支持cybersyn2和LTN 自动化物流。

Content
12 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
2.93K
Transportation Logistics Trains Cheats

b Rail signal planner breaks rift portals

a month ago

When using the rail planner (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RailSignalPlanner) on a rail near a rift portal, the rail planner can delete the portal. It leaves behind the two internal signals of the rift rail, which then cannot be removed or built over.

I know the mod is primarily developed for personal use, but I thought you might want to know about this interaction.

a month ago

I will take a look

12 days ago

I investigated the interaction and here is what actually happens:

Why the portal disappears: RailSignalPlanner forcefully deletes the portal's internal signals during its graph planning. RiftRail has an intentional safeguard where any missing internal component triggers a clean self-destruction of the whole portal, rather than leaving a broken, unusable structure behind.
Why the signals remain: RailSignalPlanner creates those two signals back at the end of its routine. But since the portal was already gone and these internal signals are non-interactable by design, they become stuck orphans.
The portal self-destruction on component loss is a core design choice I intend to keep. The proper way to handle this would be for the rail planner mod to simply ignore internal/indestructible signals altogether.

For the leftover signals currently stuck in your world, unfortunately the only way to remove them is via the Map Editor (/editor).

New response