Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

i Add ability to dump water in the ocean

4 months ago

The game comes with some recipes which produce water and steam. It would be nice to have ability to dump them to the ocean or vent to the athmosphere since sometimes other solutions are too messy.

4 months ago

Flare stacks already do this

4 months ago

sometimes other solutions are too messy

That’s part of the fun - there’s a recipe to turn steam into water, that’s all the help you get :)

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

sometimes other solutions are too messy

That’s part of the fun - there’s a recipe to turn steam into water, that’s all the help you get :)

I assume the main part of this mod is to provide transportal logistical challenges, not the junk collection challenge. If I want junk collection, I can run any other overhaul mod, such as K2, SE, AB, SB, etc.

P.S.
Unlike <Suggestion> Allow empty containers to be transported by bots, which is still a logistical challenge (even though I personally dislike that one), managing garbage outside of the mining areas is not a logistical challenge.

P.P.S.
Steam can be useless if you have other sources of power generation.

4 months ago

The primary point, yes, but a secondary objective is to have recipes and production chains that go a little beyond vanilla complexity. I think byproducts are an excellent example of this, so FF has a few recipes with byproducts in different forms.

Steam can be useless yes (although you can consider it to be free energy), which is why you can turn it back into water, and feed that water back into titansteel cooling. The only other recipe I remember that outputs water is tailings water evaporation/filtration, where similarly, the water can be fed back into the cobalt concentrate machine.

New response