Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

b [Fixed] Fatal error since today: error loading mod

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

(Edit: Solved by simply changing the game version)

I've been playing and enjoying the Tiberium mod lately. However, as of today, I cannot start the Tiberium mod anymore. Every time I start up Factorio, I receive the following message:

Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=75x81) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=296x60).: _ base _/graphics/entity/crude-oil/crude-oil.png

Mods to be disabled:
Factorio-Tiberium (0.1.12)

I tried turning off all other mods (which were basically mostly just planning mods), which didn't work. Apart from one mod: when turning off the mandatory mod "Lovely _ Santa's Library of Knowledge", the game was loadable with just the Tiberium mod enabled. Though all the tiberium stuff disappeared.

Perhaps another thing worth noting when looking at the "crude oil.png" part of the error message: yesterday I was working on the oil refinery setup for the first time in the Tiberium game, though no issues back then. Not sure if today's issues are related in any shape of form.

Is there anyway to fix this issue? Was there an update (this mod or that library mod)? Perhaps an issue related to the other mod?

3 years ago

Yeah, this branch of the mod is technically not fully compatible past 18.26. And as you found out, completely not compatible with 18.36.

So, yes, it's a bug. However, it's already addressed in the Beta https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Factorio-Tiberium-Beta

So whenever this branch gets updated with the Beta content, then that will be fixed here. Until then, use the beta (which has some fun features), or downgrade base game version to 18.35 at the least, with 18.26 at a minimum.

3 years ago

Yeah, this branch of the mod is technically not fully compatible past 18.26. And as you found out, completely not compatible with 18.36.

So, yes, it's a bug. However, it's already addressed in the Beta https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Factorio-Tiberium-Beta

So whenever this branch gets updated with the Beta content, then that will be fixed here. Until then, use the beta (which has some fun features), or downgrade base game version to 18.35 at the least, with 18.26 as reccomended.

3 years ago

Ah didn't realize I was in the wrong Factorio version, makes sense! Downgraded the game version to 18.35 and runs perfectly now, can even continue with my old game as normal. Didn't seem to like version 18.26, but that's no issue as 18.35 works.

Thanks for the quick response!

3 years ago

Trying to switch to the beta in an existing save?

3 years ago

yes yes old save

3 years ago

Yeah, alright. Would you be able to follow instructions to fix it for yourself? It's a simple line change, and I'm not ready to do another patch yet.

3 years ago

fix code?
example

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Go to Appdata/Roaming/Factorio/Mods, and unzip the Factorio-Tiberium-Beta_0.1.6

In the folder is makes, open control.lua, find at line 158

data["mod_changes"]["Factorio-Tiberium"]["new_version"] >= "0.1.13" then

And replace the whole line with

data["mod_changes"]["Factorio-Tiberium-Beta"]["new_version"] >= "0.1.1" then

New response