This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Adds multiple ways of producing energy, usefull alternate vanila recipes, customizeable trains, module effect spreading ki cores, and much more!
Standalone mod or Overhaul - Your choice!
The mod has 2 different modes, which can be choosen in mod settings. As standalone 248k won't change vanila and can be added to existing saves without any problems. The overhaul mode will integrate 248k items, techs and buildings into vanila and also into Krastorio 2 progression. Especially with Krastorio 2 the overhaul mode will extend the gameplay by some time.
248k is sperated in 4 different stages: Electronic - Fission - Fusion - Exotic. Each one introduces new machines, materials aswell as unique ways to produce energy.
Increasing in complexity/scale with every stage.
Since the mod doesn't add any world gen. features all ores must be washed out of the standard ones.
Some of the newly introduced materials contain f.e. titanium, neodymium or gold.
One major feature of 248k are the KI cores. These allow to brodecast module effects from modules inside the KI core to linked beacons.
Therefore one can safe modules in expense of keeping the core running.
Over the time these KI cores will get cheaper and more powerfull!
Along with KI tech and purification methods come a great variety of machines for crafting aswell as some big reactors!
To unofficially complete the mod simply craft one 248k element, easy ins't it? Maybe not, considering that before you will have to complete all 4 stages and aquire some insane amounts of power and science.
- Krastorio 2 if your in for a long game
- UMR for additional power generation
- Fluid must Flow for high pipe throughputs
- Realistic Reactors with 248k in Overhaul mode
- aswell as mods from brevven to make the game even more complex (integration currently getting written)
- 248k can be very ressource intensive. Iron and especially stone will be needed in large quantities, therefore it is recommended to tune those resources up in richness/frequency. Biters can be turned on, with bigger starting area and slower biter evolution speed.
248k on YouTube
- special thanks to: CHC0815, OneDayOfPeace, SuperSandro2000, Seraphim, Astorin
- Basic Angels/Bobs integration