⚠️ Found a bug or want a new feature? Report it on GitHub.
🌏 Can you help translate Dectorio? Visit CrowdIn to get started.
⁉️ Have a different question? Visit the FAQ for detailed information about common queries.
Dectorio is a large mod that adds decorative elements to beautify your factory. New technology research is required to unlock the various items before they can be crafted and some default recipes are adjusted to better reflect how these items should be made.
Inspiration for the mod came from a lot of other mods on the portal, although all the assets in Dectorio have been custom made for this mod and are either modified versions of base game assets or created from scratch. If you'd like to use any of these in your own mod, please observe the GNU GPLv3 license.
Requires Factorio version 0.15 or later.
- Adds traffic bollards for decorating roadways or protecting your factory from vehicular collisions
- Adds basic gravel paths (crafted from raw stone, coal, iron and copper)
- Adds wooden floorboard tiles with sound effects
- Adds grid-based concrete that offers a hi-res take on the classic Factorio 0.15 style concrete
- Adds painted concrete tiles - Hazard (black/yellow), Danger (red/yellow), Emergency (white/red), Caution (orange/white), Radiation hazard (yellow/pink), Defect (blue/white), Operations (black/white) and Safety (white/green)
- Painted concrete walking and vehicle speeds can be reduced in the mod settings to allow concrete to be used as a safety barrier around hazards^ (by default, this option is off)
- Painted Hazard concrete replaces default Hazard concrete^
- Increased flooring item stack sizes^
- Adds items for placing dirt, sand, dark sand, grass, dry grass, red desert and dark red desert tiles
- Ability to place water and green water tiles (aka. 'waterfill')
- Adds a Lawnmower tool that will remove decorative items from a given area, leaving a completely clear surface
- Ability to place decorative rocks and trees
- Adds items for wooden barricade, stone wall, chain-link fence and concrete walls
- Walls have varied resistances and strengths to allow for better progression
- Increased wall item stack sizes^
Signals & Lamps
- Adds a new Glowing lamp that will glow bright colours over a large radius when passed a coloured signal from the circuit network
- Adds 11 new signal colours - Purple, Orange, Tangerine, Aqua, Maroon, Brown, Olive, Emerald, Teal, Navy and Violet
- Adds signal colours for raw resources, smelted items, fluids, science packs, inserters, belts, splitters and circuits
- Adds 28 new icon based signals for making it easier to understand your circuit network logic
- New signal icons for base game signal colours that better represent the actual signal colour
- Includes settings for enabling or disabling each of the above features (Options > Mods > Startup). Ideally these should only be changed before starting a new game. Changes on existing games will require content to be migrated and some items may be lost if you disable components you've already used on an existing save. Always make a backup first!
- Items above marked ^ can be further customised in the mod settings dialog
Check out the Mod Spotlight video by Xterminator to see the mod in action (note that this features an older version of Dectorio without some of the features mentioned above).
🇩🇪 German players may be interested in this Mod Monday video by SeeNo.
Bugs & Suggestions
Feel free to get in touch with any issues or suggestions for new features you'd like to see. You can get in contact via the GitHub issues page at https://git.io/DectorioIssues. I'm also occasionally online on the Factorio Discord or Forums.
Dectorio uses CrowdIn to allow the community to translate the mod from English into various languages. If you are able to translate the mod into another language, please visit the Dectorio project on CrowdIn to help with the translation effort. Requests for new languages are welcome!
Special thanks to the translators below (in no particular order).
- Chinese Simplified (68%) - jessefjxm.
- Chinese Traditional (29%) - k98a.
- Czech (71%) - dereksp, Meritic and Treij.
- French (98%) - Taniotoshi and daikyraraga.
- German (100%) - seeba8, ST-DDT, LastDawn, lpzockerx, Leridon, Meisterfuchs and adoa.
- Hungarian (100%) - mmnetworkteam.
- Italian (100%) - diego.crosera and andrea.gomarasca.
- Korean (100%) - GimoXagros.
- Polish (100%) - Tomirad, Requelfade, no_desired_username and tomplus.
- Portuguese, Brazilian (98%) - celaquila and Unknow0059.
- Russian (100%) - nastyslave, diraria, scheugen86, antonus777, schmarotzerltd and 1avek1.
- Spanish (100%) - notallme and AgnotSeeker.
Note: If playing on older versions of Factorio, check the FAQ page for the correct Dectorio version to use.
Limited testing has been completed with other mods. Warnings will be shown in-game to highlight any known issues. If you come across a specific compatibility issue, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it.
It is not recommended to use other coloured signal mods at the same time as Dectorio. This can cause coloured signals to be overwritten multiple times and lead to game-breaking compatibility issues with other mods. If you would like more colours, you can add these in the Dectorio config.lua file (instructions are in the file). For full details, visit the FAQ.
Dectorio includes specific support for Alien Biomes.