Planet Vesta


A gas giant in the distance. There appears to be a lone chunks of rock spread about in the almost concerningly thick atmosphere. Vesta is the gas world, and all about gases. There are quite a few ways to play the mod: Easy Mode, which features a reduced recipe chain. Less intermediates, less structures. Platform Mode, which removes the rock formations and places you on a lone platform. Realistic Gases Mode, which replaces all the icons and world generation with more realistic colors.

Content
7 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
28.2K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Logistics Environment Fluids Logistic network Manufacturing

b Fail to load - missing sound

a month ago

Hi, I'm trying to work out an issue that I believe is caused by my mod Castra Prime doing something bad when Vesta is present. However, I can't get Vesta to load, even by itself. I get the following error:

"Failed to load mods: Missing sound when loading sound library: skewer_planet_vesta_assets/sounds/entity/platform-thruster/thruster-burner.ogg"

I see several other similar comments, but they imply this was resolved. This is with Vesta 2.1.27, Planet Vesta assets 1.0.14, Planet Vesta assets pack 2 1.0.7 only (no other mods). I tried both with and without having PlanetsLib and Fusion Robots (which I guess are optional dependencies? or maybe just got toggled on somehow?) enabled.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Discussion in the Factorio discord server found that this occurs with all the latest versions of Vesta and its asset mods, when the "ske_fusion_thruster_og" startup setting is enabled.
It appears that the sound path was updated to point to the new assets mod in the main fusion thruster file (prototypes/fusion_thruster.lua), but the path in prototypes/fusion_thruster_og.lua was left unchanged.

a month ago

Has the problem been identified?

I am getting
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: item with name 'ske_empty_dt_canister' does not exist. At ROOT.recipe.ske_fusion_framework.ingredients[2].name Source: ske_fusion_framework (recipe).

This happens with Vesta active; while removed it works normally.

I just tried latest version though

a month ago

Has the problem been identified?

I am getting
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: item with name 'ske_empty_dt_canister' does not exist. At ROOT.recipe.ske_fusion_framework.ingredients[2].name Source: ske_fusion_framework (recipe).

This happens with Vesta active; while removed it works normally.

I just tried latest version though

EDIT this actually seems a different error not that I look at the first post?

New response