Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b [bug] simple electrolysis, condensation loop creates water or steam

a month ago

If you had 13200 steam, you could condense it to get 2640 water.
If you electrolyze 2640 water you get 6160 hydrogen and 3080 oxygen.
If you combust that you get 13552 steam.

Since productivity modules aren't allowed seems like the intention might have been to avoid such a positive loop

a month ago

If you are willing to invest a lot of energy and infrastructure, you can extract water from the air with dehumidifiers. And in some remote locations they actually do get water that way, but it's too expensive to be practical in most situations. I think of it the same way. I was aware when balancing condensation that it would create the potential for extra water to be generated. But since it is possible to condense small amounts of water from thin air, I'd consider this acceptable. There are much easier ways than this to get this amount of surplus water.

New response