Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Chlorine endgame needs

6 months ago

A little bit of feedback - I found it unintuitive that starting bio part of the game requires a lot of chlorine (glycerol via ECH). I had to build a subfactory that produces a lot of chlorine for ECH production while voiding most of the sodium hydroxide it produces.
I rather expected to have a surge in use of oxygen and carbon (maybe that would be a great sink for it?), and maybe of nitrogen.

Regardless - a great mod, thanks a lot for your hard work!

6 months ago

I assume the glycerol is for sugar, but you don't need to go too big on the bootstrap recipes. Once you get grass you'll be able to produce a ton of sugar with farming, and you can get rid of your old recipe for sugar. Yes, with a smaller build, your bio research will go a little slower, but if you start early you can buffer science production and switch between bio and regular science to build some up.

Later in bio, you can entirely switch away from making glycerol from ECH, and start making ECH from glycerol instead.

New response