Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Issue with Recipe combinator

7 months ago

Hello,

I've been tinkering with a circuit contraption that disassembles the ingredients of a given item into individual signals, and ran into a problem with the way Recipe combinators choose recipes in "Find ingredients" mode.

For example, there are three signals for Substation 1: "Substation 1" from Nullius, "Recipe Substation 1" from Transport Drones and "Recipe Substation 1" from Crafting Combinator. The first one returns nothing; the second one returns Steam cost, crafting time and number of Transport drones required; and only the last recipe returns what I actually want, which is the ingredients to craft a Substation 1.

If I attempt to break down the ingredients of an item that requires a Substation 1 to craft (such as Substation 2), the Recipe combinator will automatically select the "Substation 1" recipe from Nullius... which leaves me with no signals to work with.

This is not a problem if I program all Recipe combinators manually - but the idea behind this circuit contraption is obviously to automatically disassemble any item signal thrown at it.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks for your time.

New response