Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g mod conflict with First One's Free

10 months ago

mod conflict with First One's Free

There is an issue when combined with First One's Free (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/First_One_Is_Free).
First One's Free adds an additional slot to your inventory for each unique type of item. the issue is when it has given extra slots and the player either updates the armor grid or a couple other things, (I think loading into a multiplayer game but I am not sure.) In this case the extra slots are removed and all the items in the extra slots are dropped on the floor. This is quite annoying to work with as I keep needing to pick everything up.

to replicate
load nullius, its prerequisites, and first one's free
add enough different types of items to fill the original inventory size
update the armor grid (add or remove something)
watch your inventory fall at your feet

10 months ago

Nullius has equipment that gives you extra inventory slots, so it will conflict with anything else that gives you extra inventory slots dynamically by script. Nullius was recently updated to disable inventory equipment for Infinite Inventory. I can make it disable inventory equipment for first one is free. At higher tiers of armor and cargo pods you can get massive amounts of inventory with Nullius equipment, so you may not come out ahead disabling it in favor of first one is free though. If you want a fixed bonus amount of inventory there are lots of mods for that, and they work with Nullius since they use a different mechanism.

10 months ago

The next update will disable Nullius inventory equipment bonuses when First One's Free is installed, similarly to how the previous update did for InfiniteInventory. This will resolve the conflict of multiple mods modifying the same bonus. Players can control which bonus they want by installing or uninstalling the inventory mod.

10 months ago

While the warning is appreciated, I find in practice that First One's Free is generally effective in removing most inventory limitations.

I do still request that the static inventory bonus from better tiers of armor is left in, as that is still compatible with anything compatible with vanilla, (including First One's Free)

10 months ago

It's already done in the most recent update. It doesn't affect bonuses from armor, just bonuses from equipment installed in that armor. It also doesn't affect the passive tech bonuses (including infinite research in bonus inventoyr), or bonuses from mods that add a constant amount of extra inventory. So if you update you can use First One's Free, but your cargo pod equipment won't do anything.

10 months ago

Thanks

New response