Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Bug? Grass Seed Box output fills up instantly

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

When a crusher is running the Grass Seed Box recipe (turning grass into seeds and cellulose), it stops after every cycle, saying that its output is full. This means you must have an excess of inserters taking out the products in order to get one to run at full speed.

1 year, 2 months ago

Are you using the boxed version of the recipe? That helps a lot. It's a fast recipe that produces 20 output. Inserters have a finite throughput, so if the speed of the recipe exceeds that it's possible to need multiple inserters.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Yeah, it's the boxed version, but like I said, even a single completed recipe causes the machine to stop until the inserters have removed everything.

1 year, 2 months ago

Thats ... normal? I mean, when you have backed up product, machines stop until you remove it.

Use bigger inserters. Stack inserters. Belt loaders. Something like that. Or just use two inserters. Even in vanilla Factorio sometimes it is useful to use two inserters instead of one.

1 year, 2 months ago

It is absolutely not normal. Normally, stack size is what clogs a recipe so that it stops. In this case, even with 2 seed boxes left in the machine it won't make any more.

10 months ago

I increased stack sizes for grass seed and cellulose in the latest update, which should help with this issue.

New response